Redis Cache By Xon

Redis Cache By Xon 2.17.2

No permission to download
The only thing I can think of is a lack of page file/swap and too many instances of the php environment resulting in memory being exhausted. Alternatively MySQL or redis maybe configured to use too much memory.

The only thing I can think of is a lack of page file/swap and too many instances of the php environment resulting in memory being exhausted. Alternatively MySQL or redis maybe configured to use too much memory.
Server has plenty of memory left (using 21GB from 64GB). Redis is only configured to use 2GB of memory, and MariaDB configuration hasn't been changed since the server was set up.

That is baffling, it is falling over at 2 megabytes and 4 megabytes values. If it was 3 gigabytes or 4 gigabytes I'ld completely understand why, but the values it is dying at strongly indicate something has gone very weird.

That is baffling, it is falling over at 2 megabytes and 4 megabytes values. If it was 3 gigabytes or 4 gigabytes I'ld completely understand why, but the values it is dying at strongly indicate something has gone very weird.
What about memory limits being hit in limits.conf?

Reactions: Xon
Make sure you have a config part like the following:
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['provider'] = 'SV\RedisCache\Redis';
$config['cache']['config']  = array(
        'server' => '127.0.0.1',
        'port' => 6379,
    );

And check the files are readable by XenForo.
Hi,

When I put that in my config

my forum returns 'unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500'

I'm positive I got the requirements as well?

I'm using XenForo 2.1 with PHP 7.2
I have also tried changing the '127.0.0.1' to the actual host IP but to no avail. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Make sure you've uploaded the files for this add-on.

Otherwise you need to enable debug/developer mode so XenForo will output an error and adjust apache configuration to display the error to you.

hello,

I installed Redis (PHP extension for interfacing with Redis) via WHM, after that I installed add-on and then I added below code to config.

Code:
        'server' => '127.0.0.1',
        'port' => 6379,
    );

I have faced two problems

1. Forum got blank page
2. It doesn't show Redis statistics in ACP

Where I maid mistake?

hello,

I installed Redis (PHP extension for interfacing with Redis) via WHM, after that I installed add-on and then I added below code to config.

Code:
        'server' => '127.0.0.1',
        'port' => 6379,
    );

I have faced two problems

1. Forum got blank page
2. It doesn't show Redis statistics in ACP

Where I maid mistake?

Sounds like you followed the steps fine. No idea what it's producing that for you. Do you have a link?

Hi,

When I put that in my config
View attachment 199675

my forum returns 'unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500'

I'm positive I got the requirements as well?
View attachment 199673
View attachment 199674

I'm using XenForo 2.1 with PHP 7.2
I have also tried changing the '127.0.0.1' to the actual host IP but to no avail. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Have you actually started the redis service? Mine did that when I restarted my host until I made redis autostart!

What would happen if you would use Redis function in xenforo's config file and this one at the same time?
This add-on (and my other add-ons which depend on it) test the object which XenForo returns as a cache object. If it doesn't match the expected, it fails to the non-redis code path

So there are no "extra" benefits if I use both. So I can either use XF's official one, or your addon, correct?

Did you manage to fix the issue? Currently having the same.
Unfortunately no. I ended up not using this as I believe it requires a some-what dedicated host such as a VPS. I'm using cloud hosting and upon asking my host, they told me their Redis is to be connected to an external server.

Reactions: jul
My Host - Antagonist (NL) made the Redis Cache available on its own servers - can this be made compatible with you Redis Cache.

Top Bottom