Resource icon

Redirection Scripts for vBulletin 3.x 8.0

No permission to download
If the redirection is happening but to the index, that generally means you haven't pointed to the correct import log in 301config.php. Double check how you set that up -- make sure you edited the correct table reference (one is an example within a comment).

If the redirection is happening but to the index, that generally means you haven't pointed to the correct import log in 301config.php. Double check how you set that up -- make sure you edited the correct table reference (one is an example within a comment).

Hi Mike,

I've checked this and I appear to have tables for both archived_import_log and xf_import_log. I've currently got xf_import_log in the file as detailed below, which should I use?

define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'xf_import_log');

I might have spoke too soon, it looks like forums are redirecting to the right place, but not individual threads that use showthreads.php

You should try threads you haven't used before as your browser is likely caching the results. If forums work, there's no reason for threads to not.

You should try threads you haven't used before as your browser is likely caching the results. If forums work, there's no reason for threads to not.

Thanks, I've managed to make it work, I had an nginx return rule in place that redirected /forums to the homepage that was messing with it.

I've taken that out and now everything works as expected. The problem is now /forums 403's, and as that used to be our homepage, a lot of members have that bookmarked.

So I'm trying to redirect the /archive/index.php/t-731233.html to the proper thread now...Do I need to set something up special for it?

Thank You so much Kier.

The new scripts worked flawlessly to redirect all Forums, Categories, Link Forums, Tags, Members...

I would say this is the most valuable resource if someone is importing from vBulletin 3.x to XenForo.

I'm not 100% positive, but those URLs don't look like the standard URLs for the archive stuff, at least for the versions these scripts are covering. You may need to redirect them using .htaccess rules.

So I'm trying to redirect the /archive/index.php/t-731233.html to the proper thread now...Do I need to set something up special for it?

Same here, all these archive threads are not redirecting, webmaster tools lists thousands and thousands of errors. These should be all valid links from vB3.7 which I used for years before changing to xf.
Could this be related to renaming "threads/" into "thema/" in Xenforo route filters?

1512553694224.webp

OK, just got a problem with this. Everything was working fine until I moved the forum from out of the original subdomain into the root.

As a vbulletin forum it was mydomain.com/forums

When I switched to xenforo a few years ago I kept it the same, but now have been asked to moved to root out of /forums/

Now the redirects don't work of course because the old vb links go to mydomain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123

I cannot actually have a /forums/ directory with the script in that as that conflicts with the xenforo /forums/ path

Does anyone know how I get round this?

Guys I am so close to having all redirects for so many years working. Galleries, forums attachments are all working now thanks to your patience but I have just a few left to sort out.. Can someone help me with this one...

Old and New examples

1518576758297.webp

vbulletin links include a parameter &highlight=X
Members have used this a lot over the years, because its how an URL looks after using search in vb.
Such links are broken on XF with redirection scripts. It returns an error.

Jake, can you explain how this would work for a site that was using vBSEO?

Here's a link to an old thread in the archive:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/index.php/newbie-forum/371342-carbon-build-up-exhaust.html

And here's where it is in XF:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/carbon-build-up-on-exhaust.371342/
Somewhere along the line my vb3 thread rewrites stopped working, I don't know how long ago but I've only just recently started noticing crawl errors in Webmaster Tools - when you click on any of the old URLs found in past threads it results in Server 500 errors. I verified I still have the same Rewrite code in the htaccess file.

Would I be able to get someone to take a look at a post on my site and recommend the htaccess rewrite code and where this code should reside in the file and in the directories? I'm running XF 1.5 if that matters. Here's an example post:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/wire-tuck-how-tos.414500/#post-152729896

Would really appreciate it.

Top Bottom