1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Redirection problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Kuya, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Kuya

Kuya Member

Hi,

Yesterday I took the plunge and moved my forum from Vbulletin 4.2 onto Xenforo.

Everything went fine, until I tried to set some 301 redirects from the old urls. I have a facebook page so I have a list of some random pages from the old software, but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I used the "vBulletin 4.x URL Redirection" resource and perhaps I did something wrong (it was at 4am). My 301 config php file looks like this:

Does this look right?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The file dir is missing a leading slash.

But can you give an example URL and where it redirects to?

3. Kuya

Kuya Member

4. Mike

It looks like you can leave $fileDir commented out.

5. Kuya

Kuya Member

I did that, it still doesn't seem to work. Currently I have:

6. Mike

If that ">" is actually at the end, that will trigger a parse error.

7. Kuya

Kuya Member

I've moved the ">" to a couple of lines down, so it sits on its own.

8. Mike

I meant that it needs to be removed (it's not in the 3.x redirect scripts; I couldn't really speak about the 4.x ones as they're created by a third-party).

9. Kuya

Kuya Member

Thanks Mike, I think the issue is with my .htaccess. Not sure if you know much about that, but what I have currently is:

I'm a complete noob when it comes to these kinds of things, I know my way round some php and html, but I am no coder.

10. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Good luck! I had to hire a freelancer to straighten out my .htaccess file and redirects after moving to Xenforo from VBulletin - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/url-redirect.66193/ I have solicited three programming forums with no luck on fixing the redirect issue, so had to hire someone, hopefully will pan out, very frustrating to say the least...

11. Mike

If you're still having problems, submit a ticket with FTP details and I'll have a look.

12. Kuya

Kuya Member

Mike, you're a star! Thanks for sorting it out for me.

:D

Mike likes this.
  13. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Thanks @Mike - As of right now the coder I hired has seemed to figure it out for the most part, I will update my URL redirect thread http://xenforo.com/community/threads/url-redirect.66193/page-3#post-702090 once its a solid fix in case anyone else has a similar issue. If I run into any other issues with the redirect I will shoot a ticket over.