XF 1.4 Redirecting router filter link?

Benas223

Hello, so I have a route filter "pages/live" to "live/". How do I redirect abc.com/live to another router filter "/pages/watch" -> "watch"?

So if someone goes to abc.com/live they get redirected to abc.com/watch?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a little confused, because you're already redirecting pages/live to live/, so you can't really redirect live/ to something else. Can you clarify?

I'm a little confused, because you're already redirecting pages/live to live/, so you can't really redirect live/ to something else. Can you clarify?
Basically my old users are used to just typing in .com/live, but i want to change it to .com/watch.

So incase any old users still type in url .com/live, I would need them to be redirected to the new page .com/watch.

I assume you've already changed the existing route filter (or will), but when you do that, create a new one with:

Find route: watch/
Replace route: live/
Enable "Incoming URL conversion only"

(With incoming only it looks backwards, but it will do what you want.)

That's what my previous example should have done (though it may require a trailing slash, you may be able to remove both of them but I'm not positive).

So I added a second route like you said:
Find Route: live/
Replace With: watch/
Incoming URL conversion only Enabled

When typing in www.example.com/live
Error
The requested page could not be found.

Is there no simple code to put in EXTRA.css that would redirct .com/live to .com/watch?

Top Bottom