1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Redirect to "upgrade"

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Neszy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Neszy

Neszy Member

Hey,

I just put XenForo on my webserver again (it's completely new), and I found that if I manually type in "www.domain.com/forum/install" then it automatically redirects me to "www.domain.com/forum/install/index.php?upgrade/." I also get an error, which is this:
    Code:
    No entry is registered for key 'db'

XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1099
    XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Session.php at line 166
    XenForo_Session->__construct() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 43
    XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
    XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/odysseyg/public_html/forum/install/index.php at line 18
    If, however, I go to the url "www.domain.com/forum," then it correctly redirects me to "www.domain.com/forum/install/index.php?install/"

I can still proceed with the installation process as normal, however, I was wondering if this is a problem which may affect me in the future (since I've had quite a few problems (due to my own errors)).

Thanks.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The automatic redirect to the upgrade script means this file exists (presumably from a previous install):

internal_data/install-lock.php

3. Neszy

Neszy Member

The only files that exist within internal_data are .htaccess and index.html.

4. Jake Bunce

Then it should have taken you to the install. I have no other explanation.

5. Neszy

Neszy Member

Weird.. alright. I'll run the installation, see if any errors pop up.

6. Neszy

Neszy Member

Something weird has seemed to happen, though.
    I originally put the XenForo files in root/www/forum (web root, right?), and it's written the config into root/public_html/forum, where there seems to be a duplicate copy.
    The config also duplicated into the web root. Is this supposed to happen?

7. Jake Bunce

If the install script is able to automatically write out the config.php file then it should write it to the library directory. If it can't write out the file then it will let you download it and then ask you to upload it to library.

8. Neszy

Neszy Member

Yeah, it automatically uploaded it to the library, but it was the library in public_html and not in www.

Actually, I'm not sure what happened, maybe I accidentally installed two XenForo's... which wouldn't explain what the config was copied to the web root.