1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Redirect to new page when you log in?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Lykke, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

I have searched on the forums to see if any other had this question, but I could not find it and so I create a (new) thread.

I created a 'cover page' in Widget framework for a customer's game forum - and so far it works fine on our test forum.

The cover page is also a log-in page - and shows some flags for the kids to choose before signing in or up:

forumhome.png

My issue is, that I would love this cover page to change into a 'front page' when you're logged in - with recent news etc. (also using Widget framework) - but I am not able to find a way to change it.

If I set the permissions for the cover page only to be visible for guests - and they log in - it will change to 'you do not have permissions to view this page'.

I created a second 'index' page and set the permissions not to show it for guests but only registered members - and then I see the 'home' page (without flags), but when I log out again I get the message 'you do not have permissions to view this page'.

I'm puzzled - I'm not a strong coder and am trying to work around it, but am not sure if there's any 'easy' way to change a page from not-logged-in to when you're logged in...? I would like not having to use the notices feature if possible.

Thank you :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014