XF 1.3 Redirect problems vb3 in /forums/ to xenforo in root

Mr Lucky

I have done a test import, but have run into an issue.

The vb3 forum was installed in the subdirectory /forums/. The new xenforo installation is in the root.

I have vb3 redirct files in place, but as they are supposed to be in the same directory that the vb3 installation was in, i created a directory /forums/ and put showthread.php etc in that directory, and 301config.php in the root, with uncommented $fileDir = '/home/user/public_html';

Of course there is a conflict as xenforo by default uses /forums/ in the URL path for forums - so when you click on the forum list you just go to a directory listing of the redirect scripts.

How do i get around this please?

I guess it's possible there might be some sort of clash between the original forums route and the scripts... but if it's just a blank page then that's usually a suppressed error. You'll want to look at your Apache error log for information about what that might be.

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to the "301config.php" file to see if that reveals any specific error message on the blank page:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

You don't have an empty file by the name of index.html or index.php in that forums directory do you?

And although I appreciate you answered Jake's question... If it is indeed a suppressed error, my advice of checking your Apache/PHP error logs would be useful. Your host or server person may need to help you with that.

You don't have an empty file by the name of index.html or index.php in that forums directory do you?

And although I appreciate you answered Jake's question... If it is indeed a suppressed error, my advice of checking your Apache/PHP error logs would be useful. Your host or server person may need to help you with that.
No, only the vb3 redirect scripts are in there.

I don't know how to check Apache/PHP error logs, I was going to do that tomorrow when I can ask my host tech support how to do that. (There are no errors showing in the xenforo ACP error log)

One thing I'm not sure about is whether I need to set anything here:

Code:
This constant defines the table from which the import redirection
scripts will fetch their data. Normally they will use the table
'xf_import_log', but if you have archived your import data, you
should provide the name of the archive table here. Remove the
leading // and then replace 'import_log_x' with the name of your
archive table, as in the following examples:
#
#    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'my_import_log');
#
#    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'import_log_my_forums');
#
\* ----------------------------------------------------------- */

//    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'import_log_x');

You could look in your database to see if you have a table called archived_import_log or similar. You may have given it the default name which is archived_import_log or you may have chosen your own name.

Or, the xf_import_log table would still have stuff in it if it wasn't archived, in which case then that setting you posted above isn't needed. But if you DO have an import log table that you named yourself and you can identify it then you need to update the code as below (remove the // from the bottom line and change the log table name accordingly):
PHP:
This constant defines the table from which the import redirection
scripts will fetch their data. Normally they will use the table
'xf_import_log', but if you have archived your import data, you
should provide the name of the archive table here. Remove the
leading // and then replace 'import_log_x' with the name of your
archive table, as in the following examples:
#
#    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'my_import_log');
#
#    define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'import_log_my_forums');
#