Lack of interest Redactor Editor - Image Float

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

zappaDPJ

This is probably tantamount to asking for the moon on a stick but I'd like to have the ability to wrap text around an embedded image file.

I appreciate that differing screen resolutions, window resizing, image sizes and positioning preferences all create their own problems but I feel sure it could be implemented at least on a basic level without creating too many issues.

Perhaps a bb code that standardises an image width and position, allowing text to wrap around it would be a good start.

I know I'm not alone in wanting to see this kind of functionality and it's sadly something that even some CMS's lack. Presentation of forum content is key in my book and I feel quite strongly that this would provide a big enhancement to forum content illustrated with image files.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I use float bbcode on my forum to embed images within posts and have the text wrap around them.

Code:
<div style="float: left; margin-right: 6px">{TEXT}</div>

<div style="float: right; margin-left: 6px">{TEXT}</div>

Brogan,

Is this something that can be implemented for all posters?

I certainly would like to have text-wrapping of images in content that I create (pages, posts, whatever). But, is it possible to get this such that when anyone posts an image, the text automatically wraps?

What about different formatting? Right, Left, Center, etc. I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I found this:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Wrapping_Text_Around_Images . I don't know if similar css could be used to accomplish this. Does this seem feasible?

I don't know if this is a different suggestion than the OP...for now I will just Like the suggestion. Thanks!

Brogan,

Is this something that can be implemented for all posters?

I certainly would like to have text-wrapping of images in content that I create (pages, posts, whatever). But, is it possible to get this such that when anyone posts an image, the text automatically wraps?

What about different formatting? Right, Left, Center, etc. I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I found this:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Wrapping_Text_Around_Images . I don't know if similar css could be used to accomplish this. Does this seem feasible?

I don't know if this is a different suggestion than the OP...for now I will just Like the suggestion. Thanks!
Would like to know that either. Thanks!

I use float bbcode on my forum to embed images within posts and have the text wrap around them.

Code:
<div style="float: left; margin-right: 6px">{TEXT}</div>

<div style="float: right; margin-left: 6px">{TEXT}</div>

Hi Brogan,

Bit of an old post, but where did you put that text to wrap the text around a pic?

Yeah, I use that on another forum project I assist on. Great add-on.

However, I'd really like to see image float in core. It would just feel right to have it be part of the new editor.
I'm not sure the XenForo img Bb Code is meant to be floated. It's purpose is to be resizable whatever the container is. Making it floated will create problems and will make things more complex whereas its purpose is to simplify the img integration for your members.

Its not comlicated more is better!!! ;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not sure the XenForo img Bb Code is meant to be floated. It's purpose is to be resizable whatever the container is. Making it floated will create problems and will make things more complex whereas its purpose is to simplify the img integration for your members.

Interesting... So this could prove difficult without adding an additional bbcode via add-on, eh?

Well, I hope this is something that can be looked into in some form. Maybe there is some additional creative thinking that can be done with this? I know Mike likes to think outside the box, maybe something hits him. <snoopy cry>

lol

You can float images fine in a flexible container. The problem would be when things become responsive, as you would have to remove the floats (more than likely) to get things to align correctly when you reduce the resolution that far.

Top Bottom