Recommended Dedicated Server Hosts (East Coast USA)

nrep

I'm on the hunt for a new dedicated server host (based on the East coast of the USA), as my current provider have been less than impressive over the past few months - plus it's time to upgrade hardware.

For those members running dedicated servers, who do you use on the East coast? Would you recommend anyone in particular?

I'm restricted somewhat, as I require a Windows Server 2016 based server - which limits some of the possibilities.

I've never tried their dedicated servers, but I'm really happy with their VPS offerings (for which they can install Windows Server, but you need your own license).

Take a look: https://hostus.us (there's an affiliate link in my signature, if you want to use that).

Liam

Maybe that's interesting for you:

https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/hosting/1801host04.xml

I'm very happy with the Dedicated Server i have there and i take this Server with SSD Option. Use this Server since January 2016 and the Support is very good too. Two Times my Site was off for few minutes. Before i could contact the Support, i've got Mails already that they on the Way to fix the issue and some Minutes later my Site was on again.

Maybe that's interesting for you:

https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/hosting/1801host04.xml

I'm very happy with the Dedicated Server i have there and i take this Server with SSD Option. Use this Server since January 2016 and the Support is very good too. Two Times my Site was off for few minutes. Before i could contact the Support, i've got Mails already that they on the Way to fix the issue and some Minutes later my Site was on again.

OVH is the worst company I've ever dealt with. They deleted our backup server with 0 notice for nonpayment even though we had several months in credit on the account as well as a card on file for backup AND had the "autopay" option ticked. Once we contacted them when they deleted our server they told us that the autopay feature doesn't work and that we should have paid manually. There was no notice that the invoice wasn't paid and we had no way to know without actually logging into the account that it was going to be deleted until we got a notice from Pingdom that the server was down.

Definitely recommend Hivelocity, they're a bit more expensive than OVH but it's well worth it. They have DataCenters in Tampa, Atlanta and Los Angeles all have redundant power and internet connections. Not even a hiccup when Irma hit :)

Edit: Found their response from when we contacted them:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting OVH regarding the automatic billing.
The automatic renewal feature is something that we plan to implement. It is currently under development and will see the light eventually. It is being built along with other features which will make our billing system more flexible and easy to use. So no worries, you're not the first to ask about it, and we're definitely just as excited about offering the feature as you are about being able to use it!

In the meantime, renewal needs to be done the old-fashioned way. Please note you may renew your services in blocks of 3, 6 and 12 months.

For any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us through a support ticket or through our toll-free line at 1-855-684-5463. We're here 24/7 to help you!

We thank you again for choosing OVH,

Keep in mind, they had an Autopay button on the site, and it was enabled. Not to mention this was after they deleted our data. They also tried refusing to refund the several months worth of credit we had on the account, and it took several weeks to get that back.

I'm restricted somewhat, as I require a Windows Server 2016 based server

If you require Windows Server 2016 then I would recommend RDO Servers, their team is good at Windows hosting
My client used their hosting and they are a good hosting company.

Check it out https://forumweb.hosting/10636-rdo-...-mariadb-ultimate-speed-amp-performance!.html

I'm on the hunt for a new dedicated server host (based on the East coast of the USA), as my current provider have been less than impressive over the past few months - plus it's time to upgrade hardware.

For those members running dedicated servers, who do you use on the East coast? Would you recommend anyone in particular?
If you need a good dedicated server then I would recommend this hosting provider

https://forumweb.hosting/16759-hc-d...ore-16-gb-ram-1tb-hdd-100-mbps-unmetered.html

I have two clients using their hosting services, one of them is using a dedicated server 32 GB of RAM, CPU 16 cores, price $310 / month, no downtime, good support.

There was no notice that the invoice wasn't paid and we had no way to know without actually logging into the account that it was going to be deleted until we got a notice from Pingdom that the server was down

I always pay for one Month with Paypal got even 3 or 4 Mails to renew my Payment. Love the freedom to switch the Hoster fast if we would come in Troubles without money lost. Before i've got the Owner of my Site we have been by Hostgator. Was really a Nightmare there because the Payment from the old Owner was for one Year in forward.

Keep in mind, they had an Autopay button on the site, and it was enabled. Not to mention this was after they deleted our data. They also tried refusing to refund the several months worth of credit we had on the account, and it took several weeks to get that back.
Was that on the OVH site, or the SYS site? I've been using the auto payment on OVH for almost 2 years, and they have even worked with me to bring all the products inline, so I have one single payment per month for all the services I have with them. The SYS site is still manual, and they never fully released the auto payment feature on there.

Was that on the OVH site, or the SYS site? I've been using the auto payment on OVH for almost 2 years, and they have even worked with me to bring all the products inline, so I have one single payment per month for all the services I have with them. The SYS site is still manual, and they never fully released the auto payment feature on there.

It was directly through OVH and wasn't terribly long ago. July or August 2016 -- they even had the option to turn autopay on (even though they claimed it didn't work after they deleted all of our data with no warning).

It was directly through OVH and wasn't terribly long ago. July or August 2016 -- they even had the option to turn autopay on (even though they claimed it didn't work after they deleted all of our data with no warning).
Well that definitely sucks (n)

Can't speak for the US site, but the UK site has worked OK for me with the recurring billing.

Thanks for all of the recommendations. Hivelocity is where I'm thinking about going at the moment, as they offer everything I'm after and have an Atlanta DC.

Thanks for all of the recommendations. Hivelocity is where I'm thinking about going at the moment, as they offer everything I'm after and have an Atlanta DC.

I'd definitely recommend them over any other server provider I've used :P

Well that definitely sucks (n)

Can't speak for the US site, but the UK site has worked OK for me with the recurring billing.

I believe on OVH UK has auto billing, OVH US doesn't still. I manually pay several months in advance though anyway.

Strange, oddly enough just got this email today (even though as I said before they had a button to enable automatic payments, and it said that our automatic payments were enabled)

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 12.23.08 PM.webp

Thanks for all the recommendations - I've gone for Hivelocity in the end.

However, I'm getting slower than expected network speeds. Are there any Tampa based Hivelocity users here that could confirm a couple of speed tests for me please?

I'm only getting ~800kb/s when I download the 10GB test file from here:
https://www.quadranet.com/los-angeles-datacenter

I get faster on my UK residential connection!

I'd contact them, I just gave it a test and got this:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 10737418240 (10G) [application/octet-stream]

Saving to: ‘10gb.bin.1’

3% [> ] 390,213,518 109MB/s eta 91s

Thanks Jake - I've contacted them already and they're looking in to it :).

Really puzzling how your speed is so much higher. I'm using a Windows server and can't see why that would limit things so much. I get reasonable speeds from a handful of other test sites, but most are really poor.

Top Bottom