Recommend new host

Nighthawk

Hi I am with netregistry and they used to be good but lately the servers are constantly down and I support is getting g terrible. So I am looking for a new reliable host. Not to expensive but I am still willing to pay more then just cheap hosting. Ian running the media gallery on the forum so prefer good storage size

Thanx

It might be worth you giving a few more details, such as your budget, whether you want shared or VPS (and if the latter, managed or unmanaged) and where you would prefer the servers to be located.

My recommendation would be Nimbus Hosting, who offer managed VPS hosting based in the UK.

Hi I am with netregistry and they used to be good but lately the servers are constantly down and I support is getting g terrible. So I am looking for a new reliable host. Not to expensive but I am still willing to pay more then just cheap hosting. Ian running the media gallery on the forum so prefer good storage size

Thanx
We offer fast managed hosting as well running ElasticSearch, Memcached, cPanel on Solid State Drives (SSD) so forums can load pretty fast :)

What's your budget range?
I've heard a lot of good experience from ASmallOrange for shared host.
Linode and DO for VPS.

Linode and DO for VPS.

ASO has become terrible since they were bought out by EIG, and we all know about Linode's month-long downtime due to a very small DDoS attack. Could never recommend either in good faith.

I have had excellent support since switching to mattwservices.co.uk

I had been with Nimbus before and had loads of problems.

I had been with Nimbus before and had loads of problems.

Pretty much every time I've read this about Nimbus the problem has been down to the user making changes or altering things they don't understand.

I haven't yet referred someone to them that has had an issue they couldn't resolve, if left to manage the servers correctly.

I moved some people from Nimbus to Un-Managed VPS (same specs RAM/CPU).
Because their VPS from Nimbus can't handle normal load anymore and having issue (I hope their system is not oversold) and they insist on requesting for an upgrade instead of fixing the issue.

Linode and DO for VPS.

Moved from Nimbus to Digital Ocean, not because of bad service though because it was much cheaper and the VPS I have with Digital Ocean is a lot faster. However... With Digital Ocean you do need to set the whole VPS up yourself which can be mind blowing if you've never set one up before.

Reactions: rdn
Pretty much every time I've read this about Nimbus the problem has been down to the user making changes or altering things they don't understand.

I haven't yet referred someone to them that has had an issue they couldn't resolve, if left to manage the servers correctly.
Maybe, but not in this case.

Top Bottom