Reckons Team Better Tags [Paid] [Deleted]

TickTackk

batpool52! submitted a new resource:

Reckons Team Better Tags - Better tags usage that makes use of Wikipedia to get information about each and every tag.

Description:
This add-on allows the forum to make better use of content tags in various ways. The features that are included in this add-on are:
  • Adds a big improvement to XenForo content tagging system which allows users to tag with a meaning.
  • Make use of microdata for tags list (both in tags cloud and tags listing)
  • Adds a nice overlay when hovered on a content tag which allows:
  • User to know what does...

Read more about this resource...

The wiki info is really interesting, but I'd not add it to the sitemap or even make it public for concerns of duplicate content

Is there any plans on further releases for this addon? I see lots of possible improvements to make this new xenforo "system" better.

Fist of all, you could add an option to list the thread prefixes and select which of them could be a tag on creation of a thread with that selected prefix.

So, if I select "XF 1.4" prefix, it could automatically become a tag.

Antoher thing that comes in mind is the attribution of specific tags when a thread is created on a specific node.

Just some random suggestions that could increase the functionalities of the addon :)

Is there any plans on further releases for this addon? I see lots of possible improvements to make this new xenforo "system" better.
Yep

Fist of all, you could add an option to list the thread prefixes and select which of them could be a tag on creation of a thread with that selected prefix.

Good Idea but associating group of tags to a certain prefix would better I think.

Antoher thing that comes in mind is the attribution of specific tags when a thread is created on a specific node.
That should be possible, will try to implement when I can.

Just some random suggestions that could increase the functionalities of the addon :)
Which helps (y)

I like this idea, at the moment, I'm creating a tag for each prefix that already exists, but it means having to prefix the thread and then adding it as a tag to the thread as well, which is just doing the same thing twice, especially in the eyes of the average users and I can imagine most users will not even think of having to do the same thing twice, so this idea gets a big plus +1 from me :)

I like this idea, at the moment, I'm creating a tag for each prefix that already exists, but it means having to prefix the thread and then adding it as a tag to the thread as well, which is just doing the same thing twice, especially in the eyes of the average users and I can imagine most users will not even think of having to do the same thing twice, so this idea gets a big plus +1 from me :)
That feature is already implemented in the new version, haven't found time to release it here.

Yeah, that's what I mean by cloud tag, and yes I would like it without any x many times used because I want the tag cloud to act as a tag "list", because I won't be allowing users to create tags, so if tags will only show in the cloud when they have been used at least once, then none of the tags I create in the ACP will be visible to anyone unless I create a single thread tagged with all tags, or multiple threads containing the tags, neither of which is ideal. I don't know why XF didn't think of this because it kinda makes permanent tags useless, if they're not used, they won't be seen, if they're not seen, they won't be used, and the cycle continues lol

So how exactly does "trending tags" work? Will permanent tags be displayed if they are not used? I always thought "trending" meant "popular"?

Yeah, that's what I mean by cloud tag, and yes I would like it without any x many times used because I want the tag cloud to act as a tag "list", because I won't be allowing users to create tags, so if tags will only show in the cloud when they have been used at least once, then none of the tags I create in the ACP will be visible to anyone unless I create a single thread tagged with all tags, or multiple threads containing the tags, neither of which is ideal. I don't know why XF didn't think of this because it kinda makes permanent tags useless, if they're not used, they won't be seen, if they're not seen, they won't be used, and the cycle continues lol
Makes sense.

So how exactly does "trending tags" work? Will permanent tags be displayed if they are not used? I always thought "trending" meant "popular"?
Currently it doesn't check if the tags are permanent or not it just displays all tags in most used order (again without no x times used limitation). Trending means what is popular for now, Example: If the most used tag in last 7 days is "ilovetomatoes" then "ilovetomatoes" will be trending tag but after few weeks people stop using that tag and make use of new tag "tomatoesislifeandlove" which has been used more than "ilovetomatoes" tag in past 7 days making this new tag a new "Trending" tag while not losing respect for previously used trending "ilovetomatoes" and calling it "Popular" tag.

I know I just wrote bunch of words that make no sense lol I should probably rename "Trending" to "Popular" tags and add actual "Trending" tags option.