Other RecentSlider 2 for Xenporta

DRE

The RecentSlider module is configured to only show for one subforum. It gets the forum from the Recent News module. I need another RecentSlider to show for another subforum.

I tried creating a RecentSlider2 module myself by using the RecentNews2 slider as a source but it's harder than I thought since I'm not a coder.

I'd send a donation through paypal if you can provide a working RecentSlider 2 module.

That is not correct. You can use the promoted function to take posts from everywhere (they only must have the slide.jpg)
I am using only this function and it works great.

That is not correct. You can use the promoted function to take posts from everywhere (they only must have the slide.jpg)
You still can't use it as a separate slider for another subforum. You could put the slider in another subforum, but it will only show images from the first setting. There is no way to create a separate setting with that slider.

Okay I just tested it out and on my site, it does not work the way you claim it does.

On my site, you have to specifically select which subforums you want to add to the slider with the Recent News module for it to show up in the RecentSlider. That's the way it's supposed to work.

What did you do to yours? Did you select every forum on your site? That's what it sounds like you did.

That's good and all but I need two separate sliders.

Okay I just tested it out and on my site, it does not work the way you claim it does.

On my site, you have to specifically select which subforums you want to add to the slider with the Recent News module for it to show up in the RecentSlider. That's the way it's supposed to work.

What did you do to yours? Did you select every forum on your site? That's what it sounds like you did.

That's good and all but I need two separate sliders.
I dont have the recent news block in the portal. i think this makes the difference.
i am only working with the slider block and promoted articles.
see: www.fasttwitch.de

I dont have the recent news block in the portal. i think this makes the difference.
i am only working with the slider block and promoted articles.
see: www.fasttwitch.de
Oh really? I am not using Recent News block at all. It's installed and active but not set as a block in any of the layouts.

So when you say, you are not using it, do you mean you do not have it installed or its deactivated?

Oh really? I am not using Recent News block at all. It's installed and active but not set as a block in any of the layouts.

So when you say, you are not using it, do you mean you do not have it installed or its deactivated?
its activated, but set to a thread wich is not used for articles and not set in the portal or any other layout.

Hey sorry 8th.. reallife can be crazy as hell... I started the work on that module thursday but I had to work over the weekend so I hadn't time to do anything.. can you test this module to see if it works? I had no problems... It gives you the option to select the forum you want to add.
AltSlider.php belongs in library/EWRporta/Block
Haven't time to pack it correctly.. probbably I'll release a more proper version during this weekend.. as long as it works..

Attachments

Hey sorry 8th.. reallife can be crazy as hell... I started the work on that module thursday but I had to work over the weekend so I hadn't time to do anything.. can you test this module to see if it works? I had no problems... It gives you the option to select the forum you want to add.
AltSlider.php belongs in library/EWRporta/Block
Haven't time to pack it correctly.. probbably I'll release a more proper version during this weekend.. as long as it works..
Thanks but it's coming up blank. http://www.the8thlegion.com/forums/media-reviews.109/

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    53.4 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: DRE
Strange... I'll review it today... do you use something different than 'slider.jpg'?
I forgot to set the cache for the module.. you should add it (1 hour).. will change for 1.1...
I have a screenshot of the two sliders on a test site.. here it is working.. strange..
i apologize. i used slide.jpg not slider.jpg. i'll try again.

on my theme , it displays improperly the left side. can someone tell me how to fix? www.coconutbeef.com

heres altslider code
Code:
#altSlider { padding: 10px; }

.altSlider { border: 1px solid #333; position: relative; background-color: #000; overflow: hidden; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-hide { display: none; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-selected { background-color: #333; }

.altSlider .ui-tabs-nav { list-style: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; position: absolute; top: 0px; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item a { text-decoration: none !important; color: #EEE; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item:hover { background-color: #666; }

.altSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item { border-bottom: 1px solid #333; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item:last-child { border-bottom: 0px; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .image { border: 1px solid #333; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; float: left; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .title { font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; padding: 10px; }

.altSlider .ui-tabs-panel { position: relative; background-repeat: no-repeat; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-panel a { text-decoration: none !important; color: #EEE; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-panel .summary
{
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7);
    border-top: 1px solid #333;
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    padding: 12px 15px;
    width: 100%;
}
.altSlider .ui-tabs-panel .summary .title { font-size: 22px; margin-right: 13px; letter-spacing: -1px; white-space: nowrap; }
.altSlider .ui-tabs-panel .summary .excerpt { font-size: 11px; margin-right: 30px; }

.altSlider.leftSlider .ui-tabs-nav { border-left: 1px solid #333; text-align: left; }
.altSlider.leftSlider .ui-tabs-panel { float: left; }
.altSlider.leftSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .image { background-size: auto 100%; float: left; }

.altSlider.rightSlider .ui-tabs-nav { border-right: 1px solid #333; text-align: right; }
.altSlider.rightSlider .ui-tabs-panel { float: right; }
.altSlider.rightSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .image { background-size: auto 100%; float: right; }

Top Bottom