Recent Posts 2 by Siropu

Recent Posts 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.0.10

No permission to buy (€9.99)
@Siropu
Can you show only the first posts in threads and exclude all replies? Just thinking it would be handy as a way to pull news threads to a homepage, etc., but not if it's going to keep updating with all replies/posts to threads.....

Not sure I understand what you mean. The widget only displays the threads that have recent replies.
Okay, thanks, I think that answers my question. I know it's a called recent "posts" addon, but I just thought that with so much utility it might also be possible to to include threads without replies, as you can do with the chat addon.

The widget has an option called "Include only threads" that allows you to include certain threads by ID. Or threads in certain forums. You can specify what is "recent" by changing the value for "Display entries within the last x days".

Right, but I'm assuming the minimum for "recent" would be a day if you want certain threads from certain nodes to be displayed, and that would mean any other posts in those threads during that day would also be shown...? Or maybe I'm just not understanding exactly how it works without being able to try it.

Anyway, don't worry about it on my account. I'm asking mostly for the sake of knowing what to refer people to when I see them asking if it's possible to auto "feature" threads from various nodes. Seems to be something a lot of people look for.

We need something that will pick up the title of the thread and the first image, which is the first item in the post.

Will this do that... and can it shrink a large image to fit inside the left sidebar?

would be nice if this could exclude quotes from the post preview snippet....otherwise it just repeats previous posts in the snippet instead of the new content...
that possible?

nice addon this, made it center of front page.
thank you

You can do that with a simple code change. The snippet template function has an option called "stripQuote".

nice, glad to hear it...i tried a couple test but failed....can you explain a little better please where and how to place the change?

i tried this {'stripQuote': true} a couple places but not sure where or how its supposed to be exactly..

thank you

Look for {'stripBbCode': true} in siropu_recent_posts_macros template. Replace stripBbCode with stripQuote.

excellent thank you for that....worked perfectly....

one last thing ive just noticed.....the highlight unread posts option, does not seem to work for us on the default xen style....

Can this be used as a New Threads widget too? The build-in one in XF2.1 has bulky output that fills the sidebar quickly and doesn't allow elements to be modified very easily.

Please add an auto-refresh function.

Somewhat similar to this awesome xf1 addon:

Top Bottom