XF 2.0 Rebuild master data ?s

[xFv]

Hello!
I maybe need to rebuild the master data but I am unsure how.
If I do rebuild it, what will it actually affect? Members, messages, trophys, etc?
I already have a running XF2 forum and I dont want to lose anything of importance.

You do it via /install/ but it's unlikely to fix any issues like that. You haven't actually posted what errors you're getting...

You do it via /install/ but it's unlikely to fix any issues like that. You haven't actually posted what errors you're getting...

Its from one of my addons. I un-installed it completely, checked all templates, went through everything. But it keeps throwing this error:
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:xfv_title_in_first_posts.less is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:530
Generated by: Unknown account Nov 2, 2017 at 9:52 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 530, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(530): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(487): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'xfv_title_in_fi...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1169): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'xfv_title_in_fi...')
#4 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(283): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xfv_title_in_fi...', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(226): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('public:xfv_titl...', NULL)
#6 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(100): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/CssWriter.php(37): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#8 css.php(29): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 2, 1)
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(174) "/css.php?css=public%3Alightbox.less%2Cpublic%3Amessage.less%2Cpublic%3Ashare_controls.less%2Cpublic%3Axfv_title_in_first_posts.less%2Cpublic%3Aextra.less&s=2&l=1&d=1507797610"
  ["referrer"] => string(64) "https://xfvault.com/products/xf2/addons.602/"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["css"] => string(122) "public:lightbox.less,public:message.less,public:share_controls.less,public:xfv_title_in_first_posts.less,public:extra.less"
    ["s"] => string(1) "2"
    ["l"] => string(1) "1"
    ["d"] => string(10) "1507797610"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I really cant for the life of me figure out to get rid of it.
I really do appreciate your help.

Well that error is 4 days old at this point and the referrer doesn't appear to exist any longer, though it could be coming from a cached page. At this point, you can ignore it.

Heres one from a couple of minutes ago if that makes a difference... What can I do to prevent this in the future?
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:xfv_title_in_first_posts.less is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:530
Generated by: Unknown account Nov 6, 2017 at 3:39 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 530, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(530): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(487): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'xfv_title_in_fi...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1169): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'xfv_title_in_fi...')
#4 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(283): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xfv_title_in_fi...', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(226): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('public:xfv_titl...', NULL)
#6 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(100): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/CssWriter.php(37): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#8 css.php(29): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 2, 1)
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(174) "/css.php?css=public%3Alightbox.less%2Cpublic%3Amessage.less%2Cpublic%3Ashare_controls.less%2Cpublic%3Axfv_title_in_first_posts.less%2Cpublic%3Aextra.less&s=2&l=1&d=1507797610"
  ["referrer"] => string(64) "https://xfvault.com/products/xf2/addons.602/"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["css"] => string(122) "public:lightbox.less,public:message.less,public:share_controls.less,public:xfv_title_in_first_posts.less,public:extra.less"
    ["s"] => string(1) "2"
    ["l"] => string(1) "1"
    ["d"] => string(10) "1507797610"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

It rebuilds templates and phrases, it doesn't affect content (members, threads, posts, etc.).

Hate to bump such an old thread but it seems to be the top result which is most closely related.

Is it possible to rebuild only the master templates and not the phrases? And if not, can I simply export my phrases, rebuild master data, then reimport my phrases, the end?

In general you shouldn't be editing master templates or phrases, so rebuilding them should be of no consequence. Have you actually edited master phrases, or just phrases in the default language?

Reactions: Xon
In general you shouldn't be editing master templates or phrases, so rebuilding them should be of no consequence. Have you actually edited master phrases, or just phrases in the default language?

I believe I had accidentally modified something while development mode was on, so this is why I was considering doing this.

EDIT: I should say, I'm doing this as a just in case. I don't know for sure there is an issue but I wanted to reset it just to be sure assuming I could do so safely.

Export your language, selecting the option to include unmodified phrases (phrases inherited from the master language are considered unmodified). Then rebuild the master language and export the language again (including unmodified phrases), saving it to a separate file. You can then diff the two files to determine which phrases you had inadvertently edited in the master style and apply them to your language.

Top Bottom