XF 1.2 Rebuild Caches > Rebuild User Group Promotions - what does it do?

CTXMedia

Does this re-apply all usergroup promotions to all users (regardless of when they last logged in) ?

If so, then it's exactly what I'm looking for as I'm reducing the number of usergroups when I upgrade to XF 1.2.1 and want to re-apply the new groups based on different promotion criteria.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Thanks Mike. Does it impact on manually applied usergroup membership? (i.e. does it wipe-clean ALL usergroups before re-applying the promotion criteria?)

For example, we have a chatroom group that is manually applied (upon user request) which contains around 150 members - will this group remain intact for those members or will it be removed?

Cheers,

It seems that previous promotions are accounted for when rebuilding the cache; which means that I cannot remove everyone from a group and re-apply that group with new criteria because they've previously been auto-promoted into it.

After experimenting a bit I've found that manually deleting Promotion History via the ACP does allow me to re-apply promotions afresh, but I don't fancy deleting tens of thousands of entries for the CycleChat membership manually.

Can I achieve this by purging all %ugPromotion% records from the xf_user_group_change table (as well as purging xf_user_group_promotion_log)? (Effectively making it so that no promotions have ever taken place)

Thanks,

Last edited:
Top Bottom