Real-time new post listing

webducknj

Hi folks, we finally pulled the trigger on our transition to xenForo yesterday and I'm now trying to chase down loose ends that can be addressed by our developer during our migration project.

A common request by our membership is to have a page with a real-time display of new posts. Ideally we'd call it something like "The Crack Pipe" and there would be a link to the page in the header navbar. the page would scroll the details of each new post as they happen without having to refresh the page. Information like time/date, thread title, who posted, in which forum, maybe the first 50 or 60 characters from the new post, etc. would be included with each scrolling new post item. 25 or so posts would populate the page with the oldest ones dropping off the bottom as new ones appear at the top.

Has anyone seen this type of feature done with Xenforo? Anyone up for the challenge?

Thanks!
Bart

I haven't seen this feature yet, but this could be done easily with an API + some JS.

Hi folks, we finally pulled the trigger on our transition to xenForo yesterday and I'm now trying to chase down loose ends that can be addressed by our developer during our migration project.

A common request by our membership is to have a page with a real-time display of new posts. Ideally we'd call it something like "The Crack Pipe" and there would be a link to the page in the header navbar. the page would scroll the details of each new post as they happen without having to refresh the page. Information like time/date, thread title, who posted, in which forum, maybe the first 50 or 60 characters from the new post, etc. would be included with each scrolling new post item. 25 or so posts would populate the page with the oldest ones dropping off the bottom as new ones appear at the top.

Has anyone seen this type of feature done with Xenforo? Anyone up for the challenge?

Thanks!
Bart
Digital point Spy.. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-spy.85/
------------
edit: it shows compatible for 1.3 but it might work with 1.4 check the discussion thread.. DP has been predisposed and hasn't been available to update his addons..

Top Bottom