XF 1.4 Re-use bounced email address

Sparkiller

When a user gets the "Bounced mail" status "only" because the email-account of the user was full or moving the Xenforo mails into Spam, is there no way for the user to let the forum simple re-check that email-address to see if it's now working properly?

I never had the problem myself, but the only way i found to re-use the same address was to first change it into anything else (even a fake adress) and then change it back immediately.

Did i miss something obvious or is there currently no other way?

Changing the email is required to trigger the process.

Note that if the mail is full, it takes a number of emails to fail over a period of time before it turns into a "hard" bounce level.

Changing the email is required to trigger the process.

Note that if the mail is full, it takes a number of emails to fail over a period of time before it turns into a "hard" bounce level.

Thanks, @Mike. It's not a big deal, but the user who contacted me was (justifiably?) puzzled about how to proceed.

How about something like a simple "re-check mail" button next to the field in the users profile settings if he has the "bounced"-status?

In a case like this, how do we allow a user to re-use their email address after they have been hard bounced? I have a user that has been absent for a while, their email inbox was full and they were hard bounced, this member is now active again, is using the same email address, but is unable to activate it themselves?

If you have a user you know to have resolved the problem, you can just change their user state directly. You could go to valid if you know (or assume) the email to be working. You can go to awaiting email confirmation (from edit), but they'd still need to trigger the confirmation email.

Otherwise, an explicit change is needed, which is something they could do, by changing the email to something and then changing it back.

Top Bottom