1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Re-Optimization

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Ablac, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

I went through my entire Xenforo directory today and optimized every PNG image, though many were optimized to there maximum there were some that were able to be optimized almost 90% reducing there size from 40kb down to 1.9kb, which is Huge, my Forum load times drastically increased after doing this, and I think it would be a good idea to optimize all the images again.

Capture.PNG
    This is just the most drastic of all the optimizations i did today, after optimizing the images look exactly the same on the live site as they did prior.

eberkund likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Worth noting: I believe only one of the listed images is still used (timed-message.png). The others have been superseded and aren't used by default.

Rigel Kentaurus likes this.
  3. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

I still don't know how to optimise images xD

Neal likes this.
  4. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

oh, I didnt know that, i guess disregard this than

I use a site called https://tinypng.com/ you just drag the images into the site and it optimizes them

Neal likes this.
  5. FlameHiRo

FlameHiRo New Member

I just use gimp, and change the quality down a couple percent.

It reduces the file size greatly.

Neal likes this.
  6. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

There is also Smush It. Also after running GTmetrix it will show you which images files need to be optimized and you can download right from there.

Neal likes this.