1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed RC2 - AminCP Optiongroup

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by SchmitzIT, Feb 4, 2011.

1. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Please excuse me if I overlooked something somewhere, but I noticed this when playing around with the admincp optiongroup settings.

I created a new option, and defined it as an On/Off checkbox. I gave it a value of false.

Bug 1: When returning to the AdminCP, the checkbox is checked. Expected behaviour: Unchecked. (Does it perhaps need to be set to "false"?)
    Bug 2: I then edited the option, and tried setting it to a Text Box instead. I removed the default value, but when saving, the default value is retained. The only option is to remove the option and recreate it.

Bonus points: Please explain what the possibilities for the fields "Format Parameters", and "Array Sub-Options" are? Also, just for some additional clarification, what would/could the callback here be used for?

Cheers :)

2. SchmitzIT

Found something else that seems to be a bug, and that might be related to Bug number 2.

When editing an existing option, and setting a default (where before there was none), this will not show up. It seems as if the edits are not being picked up.

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Bonus points:

Callback: Can be used to display a "own" options template if necessary.
    For example:

options123.PNG
    options1.PNG

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Both of these are expected. The boolean values should be 1/0.

Default values are for when the option is created. If the option exists, the default doesn't matter. So changing the default doesn't change the value.

5. SchmitzIT

Thanks, Mike. I mostly figured it'd be nice seeing the default show when I am developing my mod. I did test by exporting and then importing, at which point the default will show up properly. I just missed the visual confirmation when I still was working on my options.