Implemented Ratings... name and shame

Kim

If you have open star ratings it is going to be abused, as we have already discovered here sadly (but completely predictable, in fact I said this to Kier a long time ago)

I would suggest that if you are going to keep the star ratings, that you at least show who voted and what they voted, that way cowardly trolls and haters are less likely to do so if they are then going to be shown for what they are.

Rating the hard work of others is not the place for anonymity.

Just an idea :)

Upvote 11
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Exactly.
Why copying the other cats when you have the "Likes system" which you already know has proven itself ?

You guys want to go back to the "de facto standard" of other Forum-systems?

I see a simple and easy-to-understand XF-system turning into user-confusion.
Similar happened to BuddyPress when it got confusing and users turned away from it. Beware!
If you don't want to implement the ratings on your own site then that is your prerogative.

Just as it is on this site for Mike, Kier and Ashley.

It is a permission setting in the ACP so all this discussion is rather redundant as each site owner has the option to enable or disable ratings as they wish.

It needs to be made clear that this is for suggestions for RM functionality, not how it has been implemented here on xenforo.com.

Or, allow admins to pick whether they want to use stars, likes, or whatever they want. Give us the ability to phrase it, and replace the star images, and I can see a pet site allowing people to rate an add-on 4 out of 5 bunnies :)

If the resource manager ends up having a system where you can sell resources, hopefully the rating/review system can be set to only allow ratings/reviews from people who actually bought it.

We have a very simple system that allows people to sell digital content, and since we get PayPal IPN notifications about the transaction (that it happened, it was disputed, refunded, etc.) we can control EXACTLY who can rate/review stuff.

Example: http://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/ebooks.php?id=36

You can rate/review if you actually purchased it. If the transaction was reversed (for whatever reason), low ratings will stay, but high ratings will be removed automatically. The logic behind this is that if someone really actually liked something, why did they get a refund? It prevents sellers from creating fake good reviews and then refunding it after the review.

Can we have better looking stars :)?
Or, allow admins to pick whether they want to use stars, likes, or whatever they want. Give us the ability to phrase it, and replace the star images, and I can see a pet site allowing people to rate an add-on 4 out of 5 bunnies :)
The stars are coming from the generic sprite sheet (http://xenforo.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png) so I'm sure it won't be long after RM is released that we'll see some of the graphics artists like Shelley making replacements.

Well would it possible to make two separate ratings? Like say 1 is for all members while the other is for "critics" that are a selected user group can use.

Top Bottom