Random Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
70 F?

I'd love that. A comfortable 70 - 72 would be outstanding.

Want to trade places? :p
Yep, 70F

Hottest I've been in was in Turkey in 1997, and they were in the middle of heat wave, and it was averaging 45C daily. Glad I was only there for 2 weeks and next to a pool!

Heard that as well, and I'm doing a 12.12 mile trail run through the Peak District on the 14th, so I hope it's not here then, otherwise that will be torture!

I'm out on a 5 mile run everyday but I make sure I am out by 5:30am before any potential heat. But depending on the time of day your out on the run, yeah that is going to be a killer for sure.

Yep, 70F

Hottest I've been in was in Turkey in 1997, and they were in the middle of heat wave, and it was averaging 45C daily. Glad I was only there for 2 weeks and next to a pool!
113 F (45 C) is the norm here (in my place). I can do that in my sleep (and I do).

I have to admire the weather the UK has during the summer (comfortable), but you guys get one hell of a winter... Ocean side freezing over from the photos I've seen.

Our waters are warmer than yours so we don't have that happen. In fact you're better off being by the ocean here in the winter (go figure, right?). In land the temp drops like a rock and we do see temps below zero easily.

I'm out on a 5 mile run everyday but I make sure I am out by 5:30am before any potential heat. But depending on the time of day you out on the run, yeah that is going to be a killer for sure.
Starts at 10.10am on Sunday morning. Did it last year in August, and it was horrible then as well.....so I'm not sure why I signed up again

http://runkeeper.com/user/matt_worthington/activity/112807745

That's 5:30 is too early for me. I'm enjoying going out for my runs in the evening when I'm working nights.

Do you do 5 mile every day then? I'm averaging around 30-50km per week depending on what I'm training for at the minute (either half marathons or 10km races)

Only 5 bugs left in the bug forum :D

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 16
What are the changes from Xenforo Beta 3 to 4 other than Responsive Design for Resources?

Starts at 10.10am on Sunday morning. Did it last year in August, and it was horrible then as well.....so I'm not sure why I signed up again

http://runkeeper.com/user/matt_worthington/activity/112807745

That's 5:30 is too early for me. I'm enjoying going out for my runs in the evening when I'm working nights.

Do you do 5 mile every day then? I'm averaging around 30-50km per week depending on what I'm training for at the minute (either half marathons or 10km races)

Most days I may take a day or two off during the week but mostly will use the treadmill if I don't manage to get out on the morning run. I don't do marathons though like yourself mainly do it to keep fit and because I enjoy it.

Ah 10 in the morning is not too bad you'll escape the worst of the heat if the weather forecast is correct. Knowing our luck we'll get rain but then I don't mind going out on a run when it's drizzling. :D

Most days I may take a day or two off during the week but mostly will use the treadmill if I don't manage to get out on the morning run. I don't do marathons though like yourself mainly do it to keep fit and because I enjoy it.

Ah 10 in the morning is not too bad you'll escape the worst of the heat if the weather forecast is correct. Knowing our luck we'll get rain but then I don't mind going out on a run when it's drizzling. :D
I prefer running when it's nice and cold. Did quite a few runs this winter in the snow (the trail shoes I bought were great in the snow). Rain doesn't bother me, as I'm normally soaked with sweat after 5 minutes anyway.

The torrential rains are supposed to be slowing down around here to be followed by high humidity & heat. Guess it is time to hit the beach (or at least the pool).

Despicable-Me-2-Beach.webp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom