1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random numbers for each post

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Freeze, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Freeze

Freeze Member

Hello i try to make my first add-on and i tried to get some information from this. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/creating-an-addon.5416/
    but now i need to find the file where i need to add stuff like in the tut post they say its inside controller public.
    so i want my random number be in the bar down-below in the post near the id and edit and stuff which file / folder do i need for that?

2. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

The question has changed a bit, what we want is a random (X) number (most likely 6) of numbers to show below each post near the control buttons (report, edit) etc. How can we achieve this? :p

3. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Watching thread ;)

I am also looking for a way to include random numbers so anon thread starters can claim ownership of content and request delete or edit, I can generate random numbers no problem (using a script) but storing them is a different can of worms.