Add-on Add-on for member details box beside each post

stormchaser

What add-ons would I be looking at to customise the user's avatar/name/age/etc box that appears to the left of each post? What is the correct name for referring to this box? I couldn't use the search feature for this forum as I am unsure what I am calling that box btw.

An example is over at admin-talk.com (using xenforo) where they have several coloured banners under the member's name, as well as custom fields where they can list location, trophies, etc. Here is a random example post where you can scroll through and see - http://admin-talk.com/threads/forum-software.43478/

Would someone like to point me in the right direction of what type of add-ons these are, and which ones are great.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

That is all built into XenForo as standard.

The user banners have been around since XenForo 1.2.X so you'll need to make sure your installation is current before using those.

The rest of the information is part of the XenForo core. That area is called "message user info" and you can modify what stuff appears there by controlling the style properties (I think it's in the Message Elements section).

If you wanted to add other information there, you may be able to edit the template directly. You can also control which custom user fields appear there.

Top Bottom