[Suggestion] Member info beside each post

Shanj

I think something just changed? because now beside each post the member's info appears with the kind of stuff that appears on their Card.

This is a nice idea but it is also space greedy.
Right now we have a long column of info on the left which leaves a huge amount of space for the message. Most messages are only a few lines often only one so this means masses of unnecessary scrolling to get through empty spaces.

One possible solution might be to have the extra info on a dropdown link "Info about"

Another might be to place the numbers for no. of Likes etc on the same line
and close up the spacing to single space like the mockup pic
- I managed to halve the size of the text info.

Pic is a bit messy but if consistently sized would look fine.xf memberinfo.webp

Upvote 0
OK Dragonfly but I'm already going to have to modify so much. That's always an option but suggestions here are redally about asking for options in the admincp or in the frontend.

I understand, :) however you asked how is someone to know about the style changer? I was merely pointing out an option you have to advise them, nothing to do with your suggestion of the collapsible user info option.

Although since you have suggested it, my comments about that suggestion would be...

Personally I would be highly opposed to this as a standard on the skins as it is extra weight that forums have to carry, whether you have it expanded or collapsed.

IMHO, the post user area is perfect now, no more is needed at all, it is in fact the single most impressive part of xenforo, the concept that none of that bumpfh is necessary... so very very refreshing!

But... the devs have also allowed for those who don't feel quite so passionately that this is the best thing since sliced bread... and have kindly offered us choice. The current approach of it being possible to have all that User Information available to those who want it via a different Theme is great, it's there if someone wants it, and for those who don't, thankfully we have that option too.

:)

dutchbb thank you for the link very helpful. I put a question there about the terms used as I don't understand some of the incrowd talk. ;) Like "markup, and dd, dt.

I also still think the postbit ( ?) member info at the side would be better the way you and I designed it with label and data on one line. As in
Name: Shanj

I don't understand the exchange where people say that makes a problem for <blackbox talk>

Why did it get called postbit? I've always wondered ... funny name doesn't suggest anything why not m-info or something like that?

Top Bottom