• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek create new thread from search results page

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

Attachments

Wow, that is EXACTLY what I hoped for!
very nice, thank you so much!

..... any chance to make it into a button?

Wow, that is EXACTLY what I hoped for!
very nice, thank you so much!

..... any chance to make it into a button?
like this?
0101.webp

Edit phrase ragtek_ctfwn_create_thread
search for OverlayTrigger
add after this: button primary

It works perfect, also just signed up on your website.. a treasure trove.
How can I download your stuff in "released"

I use this (see screenshot)

If nothing is on what's new, it will list that, i find the phrase, remove content and put my own html in there.

Is it perhaps an idea to have a custom phrase, like ragtek_whatsnew and the plugin replacing the default phrase?

This way upgrading is easier, we can leave templates and phrases untouched, and we can use custom variables and html.

Screen shot 2011-08-02 at 7.22.24 PM.webp

Btw, ragtek, I have no problem if we extend this plugin to be sorta like that, so it does how I have it on xenfans, but with some admincp options.

[x] XenFans popular/ add-on installed?
[x] Display "post new thread"?
[x] Enable twitter account {input: @____}
[x] Custom HTML block:
{textarea: __}

The code that XenFans.com uses can be found here:
http://xenfans.com/threads/feedback...everything-already-code-added.1074/#post-7373

Since you're ragtek, I have no problem if you repurpose it into this plugin if you desire to do so.

Mind you, pre 1.0.1 used a different phrase. So it's 1.0.1 up.

I use this (see screenshot)

If nothing is on what's new, it will list that, i find the phrase, remove content and put my own html in there.

Is it perhaps an idea to have a custom phrase, like ragtek_whatsnew and the plugin replacing the default phrase?

This way upgrading is easier, we can leave templates and phrases untouched, and we can use custom variables and html.

View attachment 17523

Btw, ragtek, I have no problem if we extend this plugin to be sorta like that, so it does how I have it on xenfans, but with some admincp options.

[x] XenFans popular/ add-on installed?
[x] Display "post new thread"?
[x] Enable twitter account {input: @____}
[x] Custom HTML block:
{textarea: __}

The code that XenFans.com uses can be found here:
http://xenfans.com/threads/feedback...everything-already-code-added.1074/#post-7373

Since you're ragtek, I have no problem if you repurpose it into this plugin if you desire to do so.

Mind you, pre 1.0.1 used a different phrase. So it's 1.0.1 up.
Sorry, i don't understand what you mean:(

Your mod is a real add-on that lets you get a "start a thread" link added.
What we use on XenFans just a replaced phrase ..

Perhaps what I use on XenFans to make the empty 'what is new: NOTHING' page more interesting, together with this mod .. could be a next version of your plugin.

A few admincp options to show more links, if they're set (like .. if a twitter account is known, or if the popular addon is installed' .. Then, your next version could still look the same for xenfans for me, but in a better manner, and in return others can use it how we do it on xenfans, prettier 'NOTHING FOUND' page, with a few more user-friendly options in a pretier markup.

WArning!
NOt working with xf 1.1:(
An exception occurred: Declaration of Ragtek_CTFWN_ControllerPublic_Search::getNoSearchResultsResponse() should be compatible with that of XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search::getNoSearchResultsResponse() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Ragtek\CTFWN\ControllerPublic\Search.php on line 24

ok, i've checked the new code & templates and with 1.1 it's harder to implement this:(

if there are no results, xf shows users matching the search and only if there also no users, it will show the message:(

Top Bottom