Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog updated Raffles with a new update entry:

Raffle Update 1.1.5

An update to the Raffle system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.

This update adds/changes the following:
  • Change - Raffle editor now uses rich text editors
  • Add - Support for widget framework sidebar
  • Add - Option for Raffles navigation tab position
  • Add - Option to keep winner PC open for replies
NOTE: The rich text editor will appear using the style you have selected to view...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like to see the raffle on a life site.
@Snog is only showing an empty demo.
If you are running it live, then please send
me a link in conversation.

Thanks

@Snog the Money system, aka Credits/points system should make it Raffle specific. So you can assign a specific Credit / point system to different Raffles as they are created?

Some sites have multiple forms of credits and different user groups who use them.

Last edited:
LOL, that's why the email says to "KEEP YOUR ORDER NUMBER ON RECORD FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. IT IS YOUR LICENSE NUMBER." :D

Yes but its not user friendly, you don't have an email forgot license system. I don't understand why you didn't just tie licences to each persons account on your XF which you require them to download it from. Not trying to be cocky or anything just curious, not trying to make you upset. Just generally curious.

@Snog the Money system, aka Credits/points system should make it Raffle specific. So you can assign a specific Credit / point system to different Raffles as they are created?

Some sites have multiple forms of credits and different user groups who use them.
I'll put this on the wish list for the add-on. But I think it might already be there.

Yes but its not user friendly, you don't have an email forgot license system. I don't understand why you didn't just tie licences to each persons account on your XF which you require them to download it from. Not trying to be cocky or anything just curious, not trying to make you upset. Just generally curious.
Just the account does not tie everything together to prevent fraud and easy access to anyone that might have your username and password. The way it's set up, someone would need to know your username, password, license number and PP email address to download an add-on. And if they have all of that, either you shared the information or you've been hacked.

So far as a forgot license system, it has been in place since day 1. But most people use the PC system.

orderrequest.webp

request2.webp

Last edited:
Hi @Snog ,

b1f1d0d7b97d8d9b82da24ef4fc3aa49.png

Does it support/integrated with AD Credits or ******* Credit Premium System?

Sorry if this has been Asked before, But didn't not want to go through 13 pages.

Say I have a Raffle, Could I do something like this. Say I do game Contests, The winners, Could I give them say 5 Tickets Each?

I'm curious as I'd like to hold a monthly Raffle for my Community, and would like people to join our Gaming Events, Winners get extra Raffle Tickets?

Also Could I make it so members can Get 1 Raffle Ticket every Month on the 1st, they can use to join any raffle?

Sorry if this has been Asked before, But didn't not want to go through 13 pages.

Say I have a Raffle, Could I do something like this. Say I do game Contests, The winners, Could I give them say 5 Tickets Each?

I'm curious as I'd like to hold a monthly Raffle for my Community, and would like people to join our Gaming Events, Winners get extra Raffle Tickets?

Also Could I make it so members can Get 1 Raffle Ticket every Month on the 1st, they can use to join any raffle?
There are no pre-existing tickets so you we need to change the way you're thinking about this. ;)

A raffle can have a limit to how many times a user can enter a raffle. It can be a limit that is applied to everyone, or to each user group.

Say I do game Contests, The winners, Could I give them say 5 Tickets Each?
So in this case you could put the winners in a different user group and set the 'Usergroup Entry Limits:' in the raffle options the way you want them.

Could I make it so members can Get 1 Raffle Ticket every Month on the 1st, they can use to join any raffle?
And in this case, you can just set it so the 'Time Between Entries' is set to 1 month and the 'Entries in Time Period' is set to 1.

If that's not what you mean, then you would need to use some sort of point/money system where you can give points and assign a cost to the raffle so members can't enter without enough points/money.

There are no pre-existing tickets so you we need to change the way you're thinking about this. ;)

A raffle can have a limit to how many times a user can enter a raffle. It can be a limit that is applied to everyone, or to each user group.

So in this case you could put the winners in a different user group and set the 'Usergroup Entry Limits:' in the raffle options the way you want them.

And in this case, you can just set it so the 'Time Between Entries' is set to 1 month and the 'Entries in Time Period' is set to 1.

If that's not what you mean, then you would need to use some sort of point/money system where you can give points and assign a cost to the raffle so members can't enter without enough points/money.

Ok thank you, I think I could figure some work arounds to what I'd like to do ^ ^

I think its a Point System Ill need to grab, and give people points based on criteria, and I can give extra points to event winners.

Do you know of a point system like this?

Ok thank you, I think I could figure some work arounds to what I'd like to do ^ ^

I think its a Point System Ill need to grab, and give people points based on criteria, and I can give extra points to event winners.

Do you know of a point system like this?
I think just about any point system will do what you want.

Check out BD Banking and AD Credits. There may be others too.

I have updated to 1.5 and everything is working fine, however.. whenever I view entries then click their username to visit their profile, the URL comes out as:

Code:
http://www.forumurl.com/members/username.12345/

However, the URL to the members is:

Code:
http://www.forumurl.com/index.php?members/username.12345/

How can I change this?

I have updated to 1.5 and everything is working fine, however.. whenever I view entries then click their username to visit their profile, the URL comes out as:

Code:
http://www.forumurl.com/members/username.12345/

However, the URL to the members is:

Code:
http://www.forumurl.com/index.php?members/username.12345/

How can I change this?
So in other words.. the link is showing as a FURL, and you don't have FURL's enabled?

Top Bottom