Raffles for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

If you have any more problems, let me know. But, be aware that I won't be online again until tomorrow morning.

If you have any more problems, let me know. But, be aware that I won't be online again until tomorrow morning.

No problem.

Tomorrow, when you get a chance. It looks like the update might have broke the 'you can enter this contest x times' notification which was above the agreement checkbox, so the user has no idea how many possible entries they have left.

Is it possible to require a paid forum upgrade to enter the raffle? (ie buy a premium membership, get entered in the raffle)

No problem.

Tomorrow, when you get a chance. It looks like the update might have broke the 'you can enter this contest x times' notification which was above the agreement checkbox, so the user has no idea how many possible entries they have left.
It's not broken, it's that a group of conditions must be met for that message to be displayed.

In your case, for the message to appear use these settings:
Maximum User Entries: 3
Time Between Entries: 0
Entries in Time Period: 3
Usergroup Entry Limits: 9|1,11|3,29|2

I know the Maximum User Entries and Usergroup Entry Limits go against what I said yesterday, but I wasn't aware that you wanted the message displayed.

Is it possible to require a paid forum upgrade to enter the raffle? (ie buy a premium membership, get entered in the raffle)

It's possible to require a member to be in a specific user group. But it is not possible for the user to purchase an upgrade and automatically be entered in a raffle. Entering a raffle is a manual process the member must complete.

This addon can do it, but it's illegal to do so in the states without an alternate method of entry.

I've seen many different interpretations of laws regarding raffles. So I think it's best to just refer someone to their local attorney and not quote what an attorney may have told you, or what you've seen on the internet. You could be opening yourself up to personal liability if you do otherwise. That's why there is a disclaimer on this add-on.

It's possible to require a member to be in a specific user group. But it is not possible for the user to purchase an upgrade and automatically be entered in a raffle. Entering a raffle is a manual process the member must complete.

Thanks - that's what I was looking for

@Snog, have you given any thought to more specificity in the styling. Currently there are areas that the add-on uses the sidebar CSS designators to display on a main page. This restricts fine tuning of the styling via CSS as it also effects numerous other areas in the site.
Once specific area is when you go to the "View Details and enter" page.
Code:
mainContainer_noSidebar>*:last-child
and the "View Entries" from that page
Code:
.mainContainer_noSidebar>*:last-child a
for most other areas on that page, you do have raffle specific CSS designators.

@Snog, have you given any thought to more specificity in the styling. Currently there are areas that the add-on uses the sidebar CSS designators to display on a main page. This restricts fine tuning of the styling via CSS as it also effects numerous other areas in the site.
Once specific area is when you go to the "View Details and enter" page.
Code:
mainContainer_noSidebar>*:last-child
and the "View Entries" from that page
Code:
.mainContainer_noSidebar>*:last-child a
for most other areas on that page, you do have raffle specific CSS designators.
The mainContainer CSS is provided by the PageContainer template of XF, not the raffles add-on.

@Snog is there a way we can have usergroup limits combine for entries up to the max entry limit?

For example, we set a giveaway at 5 max entries. Say Group 1 gets 1 entry, Group 2 gets 2 entries, up to Group 5 with 5 entries. If someone is in Group 1 and Group 2, they would get 3 entries.

@Snog is there a way we can have usergroup limits combine for entries up to the max entry limit?

For example, we set a giveaway at 5 max entries. Say Group 1 gets 1 entry, Group 2 gets 2 entries, up to Group 5 with 5 entries. If someone is in Group 1 and Group 2, they would get 3 entries.
Sorry, that's not possible at this time. But I will put it on the wish list for the raffle system.

There really isn't much to see. ;)

But, I put up another raffle that will end in 60 days.

@Snog I have a suggestion, and depending on cost I might be able to help fund it.

Each quarter we give away multiple items, advertised as our 'Quarterly Giveaway'. I'd really like to be able to give each usergroup a certain number of entries, and then allow them to choose how to allocate those among the items. If someone really wanted two of five giveaway items and they were allocated 6 entries they could put in three times for each of those two items.

Basically each item would have a separate sub-giveaway under the main giveaway. The main giveaway would still control the giveaway dates and whatnot, everything would be drawn for at once.

I hope I'm explaining this adequately :)

Thoughts?

@Snog I have a suggestion, and depending on cost I might be able to help fund it.

Each quarter we give away multiple items, advertised as our 'Quarterly Giveaway'. I'd really like to be able to give each usergroup a certain number of entries, and then allow them to choose how to allocate those among the items. If someone really wanted two of five giveaway items and they were allocated 6 entries they could put in three times for each of those two items.

Basically each item would have a separate sub-giveaway under the main giveaway. The main giveaway would still control the giveaway dates and whatnot, everything would be drawn for at once.

I hope I'm explaining this adequately :)

Thoughts?
If you're talking about doing this in a single raffle, the simple answer would be no.

If you're giving away say three different items in anything other than a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner type raffle, you should be running multiple raffles.

Top Bottom