XF 1.2 Quotes not Changing names?

Chad Taljaardt

bxgpJPK.png

What happened here was the quote was made and a few day slater the user changed hit/her username, and now the quote is incorrect. Im trying to find out more right now about this, but that's what i'm guessing.

Is this a bug or supposed to be like that?

As designed. The quoted name is in the xf_post table and the software doesn't retroactively search through all previous posts looking for quotes from [old_username], and then changing them for [new_username].

If you'd like to change the quoted name you'll either have to do it manually from the front end (using your admin/mod edit capability) - or write a database query to replace them. (y)

Last edited:
As designed. The quoted name is in the xf_post table and the software doesn't retroactively search through all previous posts looking for quotes from [old_username], and then changing them for [new_username].

If you'd like to change the quoted name you'll either have to do it manually from the front end (using your admin/mod edit capability) - or write a database query to replace them.

Oh okay i was just wondering if this was a problem or not, and if it was a problem i thought idd let Xenforo know about it. Anway thanks for the help :)

Top Bottom