Quiz Master

Quiz Master 1.1.0b

No permission to download
it only works the normal way to install at this point.
if you can point me to and threads that show how to use the install add-on then please post them here.
It does seem like a very messy way of installing things esp when the addon has files that go into the root directory...

I suggest you start a conversation with @Jon W and @Chris D about what you need to do in order to package your files so that they can be installed using their addon installers.

Being this is a beta it makes it hard to do the minor updates which require removal and reinstall.
I still haven't installed this yet, as I like clean installs.

Hi there. Do I understand correctly that only the user specified in the options as the one sending the notifications is able to approve a new quiz? If yes, would it be possible to change that, ideally to a user group? If no ... can you guide me, please? I've looked all over.

We too need to translate the stuff that's not yet in the phrases. Our users are German speaking children with little to no knowledge of English, so we have to translate every tiny thing. So a fully phrased version would be highly appreciated :)

Yes, i know how to find them currently, however I want it to look as yours does exposing the quizzes under the categories, how do I do that?
Goto admincp then goto quiz master tab click on categories then add a new category to the main category you already have there.
once you have added the sub category then edit the quizzes in the top category and place them in the sub category.
This will show it like my site.

I will add a new option in the category list to add a sub category from there like in the forum list where you can add a child to that category

Hi there. Do I understand correctly that only the user specified in the options as the one sending the notifications is able to approve a new quiz? If yes, would it be possible to change that, ideally to a user group? If no ... can you guide me, please? I've looked all over.

We too need to translate the stuff that's not yet in the phrases. Our users are German speaking children with little to no knowledge of English, so we have to translate every tiny thing. So a fully phrased version would be highly appreciated :)
Working on this so it will be fully phased
As to your question about "only the user specified in the options as the one sending the notifications is able to approve a new quiz" no anyone that you want to approve the quizzes is fine it just means that this is the default user that is sending the alerts.

As to your question about "only the user specified in the options as the one sending the notifications is able to approve a new quiz" no anyone that you want to approve the quizzes is fine it just means that this is the default user that is sending the alerts.
But how do those users get informed of there being a new quiz to be approved and how do they do this if they don't have ACP access? Only the one sending the alerts gets a notification if there is a new quiz and only through the notification do I get to the approval page in the front end - I suppose I just haven't found out how to yet?

But how do those users get informed of there being a new quiz to be approved and how do they do this if they don't have ACP access? Only the one sending the alerts gets a notification if there is a new quiz and only through the notification do I get to the approval page in the front end - I suppose I just haven't found out how to yet?
i see what you mean i will get this sorted out so it will alert all members you add in the admincp as they can be approved in the front end.

Mike2020 updated Quiz Master with a new update entry:

Quiz Master 1.0.6

Here is the new version of the quiz master system.

The category list in admincp has been changed look at images to see changes.
Have also added a new option next to each category to add a child/sub-category.

Have added a new option within the options for you can send alerts to all users that can approve quizzes.
All those that have been alerted will be able to approve the quiz.

Some template changes
Changes to php files have been made to reflect the changes in these templates.

Read the rest of this update entry...

We too need to translate the stuff that's not yet in the phrases. Our users are German speaking children with little to no knowledge of English, so we have to translate every tiny thing. So a fully phrased version would be highly appreciated
working on this for next release

Unfortunately I still can not use this mod on my site because I can't translate all phrases.
You promised to do this.
It does not work so far.
When can we expect this implementation?
This is really important!
as i said in my last post this is being worked on now and hope to have this sorted by friday

No problem. We're still testing anyway and coming up with a few more questions in the process ...

This time it's disputes I wonder about. When there's a dispute I don't get an alert. I'm the one approving quizzes at the moment, so I thought I'd get dispute alert, too. So not only do I find the disputes only in the ACP instead of in frontend like quiz approvals, also I don't even get informed if there is a new dispute but have to check regularly.

Then there's the (minor) problem with multiple choice questions. If someone forgets to delete unfilled answer fields the quiz can be saved, but when playing it this question just loads and loads and loads and ... Is there a chance to "auto delete" unfilled fields. As I said, a rather minor problem ...

And I don't get the challenges at all. I've challenged someone to a quiz that is set to be played 3 times max. I've played it once before the challenge and then 3 times in the challenge (so over the setting of 3x max.), trying again I got the message that I've played it up to max. The user I've challenged is up to max as well, he's played it two times before and 2 times in the challenge. Still the challenge isn't displayed as finished.
How do I get a challenge to close?
How do I set it to be played once only? Can I even or is this strictly tied to what is set in the quiz itself?
Do I get a message if you challenge someone who already has played this quiz up to max? Or can that someone still play once?
What do those tiny numbers mean when displaying the challenge? There's two numbers each in the question and the incorrect column, but none in the correct column although we've played most of the questions correct.
What are touts? This column is empty, too.

The leagues are rather straight forward so far, although I'd like to be able to go lower than 10 questions per round.

Last edited:
And I don't get the challenges at all. I've challenged someone to a quiz that is set to be played 3 times max. I've played it once before the challenge and then 3 times in the challenge (so over the setting of 3x max.)
even if you have played the quiz before it will not reflect on the challenges.
the challenge plays are separate for the normal quiz plays

Then there's the (minor) problem with multiple choice questions. If someone forgets to delete unfilled answer fields the quiz can be saved, but when playing it this question just loads and loads and loads and ... Is there a chance to "auto delete" unfilled fields. As I said, a rather minor problem
will have a look at this as this should have been fixed in a few versions ago.
This time it's disputes I wonder about. When there's a dispute I don't get an alert. I'm the one approving quizzes at the moment, so I thought I'd get dispute alert, too. So not only do I find the disputes only in the ACP instead of in frontend like quiz approvals, also I don't even get informed if there is a new dispute but have to check regularly.
as to these the alerts will only goto the one admin thats been setup in the Alerts From UserID this will be changing so that all admins/mods you assign will get the alerts.
this will also be available in the front end like the approve quizzes when i get chance to add it in.

Top Bottom