Quiz Master

Quiz Master 1.1.0b

No permission to download
Also- it would be nice if you could unlimited quizzes. In other words, play the quiz as much as the admin sets, but there needs to be an option - unlimited setting in the options.

thank you both this is good means its almost ready for release.
OK, installed the latest version on a test site. Created first quiz and everything working great so far. However, I tried to play a quiz with a test account and received the following error.
quiz error.webp

Any ideas as to a possible cause? Got the error as soon as I hit the "play quiz" button.

@Mike2020,
On your site I see some bugs... like these
View attachment 95250 View attachment 95251

Will sort these out before release

@Mike2020 - will you release the picture match as well? It seems to work good. Also please fix these style issues.
Working on these and the match master is not ready yet

Would it be difficult to make the timer adjustable or even turn it off? We have a group of people that would like to take a more leisurely approach to the quizzes.
The reason to have the timer is to have it time the user out for that question.
So for that reason i wont add a disable timer option as if a user goes and makes a cup of tea or goes to the shop you need to be able to clear the question from them.
There is an option where the user can quit the quiz at any time and come back to it later and start of where they was thats the reason for the sessions tab.

Also- it would be nice if you could unlimited quizzes. In other words, play the quiz as much as the admin sets, but there needs to be an option - unlimited setting in the options.
This i can add into the quiz where they can play as much as you want

OK, installed the latest version on a test site. Created first quiz and everything working great so far. However, I tried to play a quiz with a test account and received the following error.
View attachment 95333

Any ideas as to a possible cause? Got the error as soon as I hit the "play quiz" button.

The only reason this might happen is you have not chmod'ed the folder qmaster and all folders inside to 777 or you have not added any questions to that quiz.

@Mike2020, do you plan put these files:
QuizMaster_Dispute.php
QuizMaster_End.php
QuizMaster_Questions.php
QuizMaster_Saveanswer.php
QuizMaster_Start.php

into qmaster directory? Now they in root directory of community. Current structure of add-on very inconvenience and unacceptable... for me.
I suppose, now whole structure of add-on very heavy and inconvenience. And please, reduce mysql queries.

Last edited:
Will sort these out before release

Working on these and the match master is not ready yet

The reason to have the timer is to have it time the user out for that question.
So for that reason i wont add a disable timer option as if a user goes and makes a cup of tea or goes to the shop you need to be able to clear the question from them.
There is an option where the user can quit the quiz at any time and come back to it later and start of where they was thats the reason for the sessions tab.

This i can add into the quiz where they can play as much as you want

The only reason this might happen is you have not chmod'ed the folder qmaster and all folders inside to 777 or you have not added any questions to that quiz.
Changed folder and file permissions to 777, still getting the same error even when trying the incuded quiz. :(

Last edited:
@Mike2020, do you plan put these files:
QuizMaster_Dispute.php
QuizMaster_End.php
QuizMaster_Questions.php
QuizMaster_Saveanswer.php
QuizMaster_Start.php

into qmaster directory? Now they in root directory of community. Current structure of add-on very inconvenience and unacceptable... for me.
I suppose, now whole structure of add-on very heavy and inconvenience. And please, reduce mysql queries.
these are planed to be moved but these do use the xenforo standards in these files for root files

Maybe I should remove the add on and try reinstalling. I get the same error regardless of 755 or 777. It does seem like a permission problem though.
send me a message with your site url as you have not posted the full error you are getting just an image of part of the screen.

Mike2020 updated Quiz Master with a new update entry:

Quiz Master Updates

With this version you will be able to challenge other users to a quiz.
When you make a challenge to another user it will send them an alert.

When they accept the challenge it will send you an alert.
All challenges will last for 7 days and when a challenge is completed it will alert the winner they have won the challenge.

Some bug fixes like when no image in quiz or category list in admincp showing wrong.
Template updates to make them resize better and more viewable on other devices....

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have them posted and screen shot in this thread. Custom style but these issues are the same of his website for the most part.

@Mike2020
I have a strange bug in the admin panel.
After installing the Quiz I see my website's link is disappeared.
Is it possible to fix it?

before installation:
test1.webp

after installation:
test2.webp

Have anybody the same problem?

Some notes:
Why I can't translate phrases:
- Multiple choice; Free text; True/False
- Start Quiz; Timeouts; Incorrect; Correct; Question;
- Done
test 4.webp

test 5.webp

There are these code in install file:
PHP:

It is not good for design

Challenge user
test3.webp
If I don't choose anyone and accept the button, I have MySQL error:
PHP:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' play_limit = "1", ' at line 4

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in QuizMaster/Model/QuizMaster.php at line 3557
    QuizMaster_Model_QuizMaster->InsertQuizChallengeInfo() in QuizMaster/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 1589
    QuizMaster_ControllerPublic_index->actionDochallengeuser() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /put/to/yoursite/site.ru/forum/index.php at line 13

Export user's quiz
If I don't choose any quiz (don't check it) and push the button "Export" - I have Server Error:
PHP:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 6

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in QuizMaster/Model/QuizMaster.php at line 2784
    QuizMaster_Model_QuizMaster->GetxmlInfo() in QuizMaster/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 1482
    QuizMaster_ControllerPublic_index->actionExportmultiquiz() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /put/to/yoursite/site.ru/forum/index.php at line 13

Admin center - Add new quiz
I choose "Add quiz" and doing nothing push the button "save quiz" - and quiz saved!
test 6.webp

Add new question - "Multiple choice"
If I fill the 2 fields and leave the other two blank fields - after save I see this:
test 7.webp

After I created some dispute during testing and than I try continue my quiz (Next Question) I wait a long time for continue.
And I can't continue. I see just "Loading"

I checked it in two browsers: Safari and Opera
test8.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom