• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Quick Thread, Paid Registration, Post to Registration, or Live Thread?

Which mod should be converted first?

• Quick Thread

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Paid Registration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post to Registration

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Live Thread

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

vbresults

I am converting all of my mods here to xenForo, but I would like opinion on which should be ported first. Pay Per Bump has already been done so I have not included it in the poll. Thank you for voting. :)

I voted for quick thread, but I was wondering if you would offer more options and customisations for it than with the vBulletin options. I'd quick like it to be able to select a thread prefix quickly and maybe make it available based on permissions, so only someone with the permission to use it could do that.

I don't mind spending money on high quality add-ons but I like to think that they offer me a good range of features. If something's under $20 I can often live with it missing something but over that I like it to be as well rounded as possible and your vB mod seems reasonably priced but I'd like it to do just a little bit more like I've mentioned.

I voted for quick thread, but I was wondering if you would offer more options and customisations for it than with the vBulletin options. I'd quick like it to be able to select a thread prefix quickly and maybe make it available based on permissions, so only someone with the permission to use it could do that.
It will have a toggle display control for user groups in the first xenForo version. It is already a well-developed mod has several features; anything else at this point would not be critical to the conversion. I will keep these features in mind, though. :)

Quick thread seems to be ahead of the crowd. :o

Just a comment from me, but to cut down on space in the sidebar, you could just have a Quick Thread button and have an overlay open, in the same way the Contact Us form does.

Just a comment from me, but to cut down on space in the sidebar, you could just have a Quick Thread button and have an overlay open, in the same way the Contact Us form does.
This would reduce the usage of the quick thread box by less savvy visitors as it is not in plain view -- I know the previous screenshot doesn't show the "Guest" version; here it is (captcha problem is delaying release!).

quick_thread_guest.webp

Top Bottom