Lack of interest We lose some potential new forum members as they do not expect verification email or verification email went to spam during forum registration.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Prykhodko

We had many complaints from forum users not being able to register (never understood it was an activation email, or it went to spam folder and they never found it)

It is important to inform the person (activation email + spam folder) at a time when he or she enters their email and therefore keeps focus on the page. Once they press register button they wrongly think they are already registered and move to another page and/or activity. I think it is crucial to inform them about activation email and spam folder at a time of entering their email, not after email is entered....it is simply to late to inform, as we do not have their attention anymore.

We do inform users at a time of registration and entering their name and email, that the name can not be changed after it set, right? So we must inform them same way about spam folder and confirmation email (just the same text under the email entrance field), at the same stage of registration process. Let's do it right, otherwise we are losing forum members for no good reason and people complaint as well.

The registration process should be as clear as possible, so no any confusion during registration.

If we can add a bold text under email entrance filed in the registration page: "Activation email will be sent to your email address after you press Register button. You need to confirm your email address by following the the link in the email. If activation email did not arrive, please check your spam folder, thank you"

It is a very easy fix to many complaints and lost potential new forum members as well

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
@Prykhodko - I have added your forum user name to your license so you now have access to the customer forums and show as licensed.

Everyone else - be aware of providing support outside the customer forums (the suggestion forums are public).

Sorry, but could you please show me where is explain part in hint="{{ phrase('required') }}
Please
It looks like it's referrieng to a phrase, calling it up, which generates the text under the field. So, in phrases find it and edit it to your liking. I could be wrong about this but that's what it looks like, to me. The text we see under the field has to be coming from somewhere.
The file health check pertains to the PHP files on the server only, not the ACP templates or phrases.
PHP files on the server and default images too, no?

But yeah, the templates are not checked. Except come update time? Where edits might get you a outdated template notice if the template edited is from the default style?

Problem......solved! Hopefully we would see more users at our CBD Oil Forum as no activation by email is required anymore, lol
One thing I recommend now though is, by default set it to where the site is not sending a lot of emails. because now you don't know if these are real email accounts. Under "default registration values" set Watch content on creation to "yes" instead of "Yes, with email" and also set Watch content on interaction to "yes." The users can opt-in to receiving these emails later on of they choose.

Top Bottom