Lack of interest We lose some potential new forum members as they do not expect verification email or verification email went to spam during forum registration.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Prykhodko

We had many complaints from forum users not being able to register (never understood it was an activation email, or it went to spam folder and they never found it)

It is important to inform the person (activation email + spam folder) at a time when he or she enters their email and therefore keeps focus on the page. Once they press register button they wrongly think they are already registered and move to another page and/or activity. I think it is crucial to inform them about activation email and spam folder at a time of entering their email, not after email is entered....it is simply to late to inform, as we do not have their attention anymore.

We do inform users at a time of registration and entering their name and email, that the name can not be changed after it set, right? So we must inform them same way about spam folder and confirmation email (just the same text under the email entrance field), at the same stage of registration process. Let's do it right, otherwise we are losing forum members for no good reason and people complaint as well.

The registration process should be as clear as possible, so no any confusion during registration.

If we can add a bold text under email entrance filed in the registration page: "Activation email will be sent to your email address after you press Register button. You need to confirm your email address by following the the link in the email. If activation email did not arrive, please check your spam folder, thank you"

It is a very easy fix to many complaints and lost potential new forum members as well

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can create a notice block on the registration page with whatever text you want in it. FYI.
Sure, but this change would benefit every forum on XenForo.....clearly we potentially lose some new forum members on potentially every XenForo run forum, as if new member did not receive an activation email he or she thinks it was never sent, for example

You can create a notice block on the registration page with whatever text you want in it. FYI.

also I want to see the notice exactly under email entrance field, as we have attention of the person when he pr she enters his or her email address. For example we warn that forum name can not be changed later....same way we should warn that spam folder need to be checked for activation email if it never arrived....

also I want to see the notice exactly under email entrance field, as we have attention of the person when he pr she enters his or her email address. For example we warn that forum name can not be changed later....same way we should warn that spam folder need to be checked for activation email if it never arrived....
To solve this for you, look for the phrase involved and edit it too. I recognize you are making a suggestion for xF to change it in the core for future releases though. But you can solve your individual problem in the mean time.

Create phrase with text you want to show.

Then, in register_macros template add that phrase - explain="{{ phrase('your_phrase') }}"

Like this:

Code:
<xf:textboxrow name="{$fieldName}" value="{$value}" type="email" autocomplete="email" required="required"
        maxlength="{{ max_length($xf.visitor, 'email') }}"
        label="{{ phrase('email') }}"
        hint="{{ phrase('required') }}"
        explain="{{ phrase('your_phrase') }}"/>

Create phrase with text you want to show.

Then, in register_macros template add that phrase - explain="{{ phrase('your_phrase') }}"

Like this:

Code:
<xf:textboxrow name="{$fieldName}" value="{$value}" type="email" autocomplete="email" required="required"
        hint="{{ phrase('required') }}"
        explain="{{ phrase('your_phrase') }}"/>

Thanks a lot for a suggestion and a detailed instruction how to do it, much appreciated really. Unfortunately my skill level is not sufficient to do this change, as I am afraid I can change something in a wrong way and the forum would stop working, lol

Thanks a lot for a suggestion and a detailed instruction how to do it, much appreciated really. Unfortunately my skill level is not sufficient to do this change, as I am afraid I can change something in a wrong way and the forum would stop working, lol
Plus, file health check will flag this core template edit. But not the phrase edit.

To solve this for you, look for the phrase involved and edit it too. I recognize you are making a suggestion for xF to change it in the core for future releases though. But you can solve your individual problem in the mean time.

Sure, I'll try my best. The text under email entrance filed in the registration page: "Activation email will be sent to your email address after you press Register button. You need to confirm your email address by following the the link in the activation email. If activation email did not arrive, please check your spam folder, thank you"

I believe any forum registration process need to be clear and simple, so baby can register. I found many users are struggling to register because they miss information after they pressed register button....they think they are already registered and trying to post and it does not work....so they are anger and frustrated that they can not posts, etc. Some of them even never realized that it was an activation email, some never found activation email.....I think it is a big defect which is potentially negatively impacting all the forums on XenForo

Plus, file health check will flag this core template edit. But not the phrase edit.
By default there is not explain part in template for e-mail field, so he can not edit phrase what is not exist yet

@Prykhodko just create new phrase in ACP and insetrt it in macros template like I show you.
On my forum there is explanation below e-mail field. I did it like I told you

23-07-48.webp

By default there is not explain part in template for e-mail field, so he can not edit phrase what is not exist yet
It's not right here, in the register_macros template?
Code:
<xf:macro name="email_row"
    arg-fieldName="email"
    arg-value="">

hint="{{ phrase('required') }}" />
</xf:macro>
Where it says, hint="{{ phrase('required') }} ???

It's not right here, in the register_macros template?
Code:
<xf:macro name="email_row"
    arg-fieldName="email"
    arg-value="">

hint="{{ phrase('required') }}" />
</xf:macro>
Where it says, hint="{{ phrase('required') }} ???
Sorry, but could you please show me where is explain part in hint="{{ phrase('required') }}
Please :)(y)

Top Bottom