Force Custom User Field Completion after Registration or Login

Force Custom User Field Completion after Registration or Login [Paid] v1.8.8

No permission to buy ($9.00)
I just have bought it and find no way ti use a custom user_field that is editable once.
We have a new field boy/girl and people should decide themselves just one time, what they want to be.
I have thought that the addon can care also about this type of field and also if this field is mandatory, but new.
You may want to add this function, please?

You may want to look for this issue, please?
Fields must be "User editable" in order to be selected in the addon options

It seems that the fields must be editable at all now.
But the function should be useable also, if a field is editable one time only.

There is another issue or planed behaviour?

If you have a custom_field with name:

Lala, Lulu, Lolo

then we have three points in the list instead of one.

Here is a suggestion to force users a little bit less ...

With a build-in random-service we offer them to choose at least one (or x) points from our list.

2 or more fields:
Hey, Martin, please help us and tell us more about you! We miss:
fieldx
fieldy

People can still add all fields to have "peace" from this, but others may enjoy that the seite cares for them all days again.
And plese dont forget, that especially younger people have only a minute till they loose interest. So lets care for these poor kids and give them only one job to do every x days.

In short:

Random-modus: yes/no
Needs x items: x
Force user all x days: x

We could also extend this with a message for the word_count of "about":

About-reminder1, if less than x words with text1 every y days.
About-reminder2, if less than x words with text2 every y days.

=>
Hey Joe, you have written x words about yourself. You may want to write something else about you?
People will like it to know more about you!

BTW: I have never cared for this banner till today. But now i see that the pictures are not reduced. If an user uploads 1200x1200, this will be used here. I relly dont like this. Maybe you want to offer also a cut to that size we need as a maximum for the profiles.

The fields that are ok should not be shown anymore. While testing i have again the problem, that i have filled all fields, but the message is still there, that i should fill ... the whole list of fields.

1. Your addon is not usable for overlays!
2. We cant use fields that are limited to edit one time.
3. There should be a switch, if we force a user (and maybe loose him) or invite him to fill his fields.
4. The fields should be shown which needs to be filled. If you have 30 fields or more and the we miss one field, then a user has to search what we want from him. In a perfect world we a) show him the name of the field b) jump to this field with an #anchor.

I will uninstall the addon now, because i loose too many new users closing the whole site, while i try to force them instead to invite them.
For me it will be enough to show an info every time a user comes again and only one time on the first page.
Also the addon should work in overlays, else people will not understand (and ask the stuff) why this happens.

Last edited:
1. Your addon is not usable for overlays!
2. We cant use fields that are limited to edit one time.
3. There should be a switch, if we force a user (and maybe loose him) or invite him to fill his fields.
4. The fields should be shown which needs to be filled. If you have 30 fields or more and the we miss one field, then a user has to search what we want from him. In a perfect world we a) show him the name of the field b) jumo to this field with an #anchor.

I will uninstall the addon now, because i loose too many new users closing the whole site, while i try to force them instead to invite them.
For me it will be enough to show an info every time a user comes again and only one time on the first page.
Also the addon should work in overlays, else people will not understand (and ask the stuff) why this happens.
Without wanting to sound like a bad guy, I think we should report the author and his resources to close them because he is not active, does not respond to support and on his site he does not respond knowing that there is has a problem with purchases.

We should avoid that other people can buy these addons and encounter the same problem as us.

He was here some days ago, he offers us a real nice addon for 9 dollar. So lets wait and have a coffee.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Not working for me in XF 2.2.11
I'll message you to investigate.

The add-on has been tested on multiple XF 2.2.11 sites, including my development server, without any issues.

* update * the customer forgot to enable the plugin :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom