Design issue Quick Search bug

TickTackk

Steps to reproduce
  1. Click on "Search" which below visitor tab
  2. Then hover on the little arrow button
  3. A menu should appear
  4. Click on "Useful Searches"
  5. Click somewhere release on the page
  6. "Useful Searches" overlay stays in the page even though the search block is gone
rNLa7tsm5z.gif

Specifically, it's clicking within the menu that appears. Clicking elsewhere on the page will close both. I'm not sure if there's an easy fix to this though.

I'm going to have to call this a design issue I think. The useful searches menu is separate from the search popup in terms of the DOM, so there isn't really a particularly good way to connect the two to indicate the search popup should stay when you click the "child" menu.

Just a suggestion:

I fixed it by editing the dom in my developer console. If you bring the menu into the search form element and adjust the style attribute to
Code:
right: 20px; display: block; visibility: visible;/* left: 1212.5px; */top: 275px;right: 5px;
it works properly. I haven't looked into how much javascript would have to be changed though. Might not be feasible.

If you bring the menu into the search form element
Just in case you're not aware, the menu system doesn't work like that. The JS moves them at the end of the DOM and then positions them. Not doing this creates potential z-index issues and--more significantly--worksaround overflow:hidden/auto usage.

Just in case you're not aware, the menu system doesn't work like that. The JS moves them at the end of the DOM and then positions them. Not doing this creates potential z-index issues and--more significantly--worksaround overflow:hidden/auto usage.

Kind of figured as much. Thanks for explaining though.

I haven't looked into how much javascript would have to be changed though. Might not be feasible.

Top Bottom