XF 1.4 Quick Reply Editor Lag

Amaury

I am having problems with typing lag when using the quick reply editor and can't seem to find the cause. It's fine if I go to More Options and type in the editor that way, though, so I don't really know what the issue is.

I've disabled all add-ons and tried on the default, unedited style to no avail.

Now that KH-Flare is back up and running, I can seek support again for the site. It would have been useless to bump this when the site was down, LOL!

Any help on this? I am still having problems.

Hmm. Input lag would be at the client, though it can be as a result of the client's resources being consumed by something intensive on the page such as an embedded flash object, runaway javascript, or excessive CSS animation.

With addons disabled and a default style active there shouldn't be anything resource-consuming about the page. It may be something else on the client.

Try a different browser and/or computer?

Hmm. Input lag would be at the client, though it can be as a result of the client's resources being consumed by something intensive on the page such as an embedded flash object, runaway javascript, or excessive CSS animation.

With addons disabled and a default style active there shouldn't be anything resource-consuming about the page. It may be something else on the client.

Try a different browser and/or computer?

I just tried on Chrome, and the lag is still a tiny bit there, but it's better and hardly noticeable. It's not *that* bad on Firefox, but it's certainly noticeable.

If you want to see if you can reproduce it yourself, you can use this test account:
  • Username: Test Account
  • Password: test

No problems here. The quick reply form is 100% responsive to my typing in FF. No lag.

Thanks for testing.

I just tried on my mom's computer and had no issues there, so I guess it's something with my computer (?), which isn't too big of a deal since it's not that bad. However, what I find weird is that I have no problems with this and other XenForo forums, just KH-Flare.

Hm...

Top Bottom