1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Quick Reply Editor Lag

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Amaury, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I am having problems with typing lag when using the quick reply editor and can't seem to find the cause. It's fine if I go to More Options and type in the editor that way, though, so I don't really know what the issue is.

I've disabled all add-ons and tried on the default, unedited style to no avail.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Now that KH-Flare is back up and running, I can seek support again for the site. It would have been useless to bump this when the site was down, LOL!

Any help on this? I am still having problems.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hmm. Input lag would be at the client, though it can be as a result of the client's resources being consumed by something intensive on the page such as an embedded flash object, runaway javascript, or excessive CSS animation.

With addons disabled and a default style active there shouldn't be anything resource-consuming about the page. It may be something else on the client.

Try a different browser and/or computer?
    Valhalla and Amaury like this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I just tried on Chrome, and the lag is still a tiny bit there, but it's better and hardly noticeable. It's not *that* bad on Firefox, but it's certainly noticeable.

If you want to see if you can reproduce it yourself, you can use this test account:
    • Username: Test Account
    • Password: test
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No problems here. The quick reply form is 100% responsive to my typing in FF. No lag.
    Amaury likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Thanks for testing.

I just tried on my mom's computer and had no issues there, so I guess it's something with my computer (?), which isn't too big of a deal since it's not that bad. However, what I find weird is that I have no problems with this and other XenForo forums, just KH-Flare.