Fixed Quick reply box hidden by keyboard on iPad

Affected version
I've had a number of customers, since upgrading to v 2.1 (from 1.5) complaining, that when on an iPad, when they click into the quick reply box whilst using an iPad, the keyboard covers the text area so they cannot see what they have typed, unless they scroll down. On many other websites, as well as on iPhones when using xenForo, when you click on a text area, the whole page shifts upwards.

I have even noticed this issue on this very forum (see video at https://xenforo.com/community/media/img_7293-mov.3079/)

Are you still encountering this? If so, what iOS version? I haven't been able to reproduce this on iPadOS 13.4 to 14.0.

Are you still encountering this? If so, what iOS version? I haven't been able to reproduce this on iPadOS 13.4 to 14.0.
You are right that it no longer happens on this forum since I posted my earlier video in April. I am however still getting this on my own.

It does appear as if this forum has a custom style that is not available to ordinary customers? The reason I say that is that I just made a new, blank, plain style on my forum and it comes with the square text box that is in my earlier video, however this forum has a curvy text box with a completely different design from the xF default. My AdminCP doesn’t show any upgrades as being due, so is this a custom setup or just a trial for a new xF version?

We're currently running a Beta version of XF 2.2 here which is due for release in the near future.

You can read more about XF 2.2 here:

We're currently running a Beta version of XF 2.2 here which is due for release in the near future.

You can read more about XF 2.2 here:
Thanks Chris,

I had a quick look through the text on the forum threads and couldn't see anything about Text editor changes, but I see from the link above that 2.2 does include changes to the text editor. If this is what is running on this forum, then I would assume the bug that existed in v2.1 has been fixed in 2.2.

So I would say that rather than being tagged 'Cannot reproduce,' you could maybe tag this as 'Fixed' (pending confirmation from the stable release).

I tried to reproduce this a bit more yesterday and I could make it happen (accidentally and not reliably) on iOS 13.2. Anything newer than that seemed ok.

Given that it seems fixed in 2.2, I'll go ahead and move this to resolved. If the issue re-occurs after you've upgraded to 2.2 (when it's stable!), I'd recommend re-reporting so we can have another look.

Top Bottom