Quick Question about Licensing

xIsabel38

I have a quick question about the licensing and downloading of the forum software.

When your license expires I understand that you are no longer eligible to download newer versions, but I thought that pertained to major changes. Like for example you wouldn't be able to Download 1.4 or 1.5 but you could still download updates that are within your series because they usually include bug fixes (1.3.X).

Is this not correct?

As it stands, you can't download the latest version with an expired license.

That applies to any update released, not just major or minor maintenance releases.

i.e. I cannot download 1.3.4 since my support has expired. I'm waiting for 1.4 to renew. :) then, I can download new versions after renewal.

To be honest with u 140 bucks for a year of updates... is pretty good... you cant get that over a vb. Thats less then 15 dollars a month... just pay for it man

To be honest with u 140 bucks for a year of updates... is pretty good... you cant get that over a vb. Thats less then 15 dollars a month... just pay for it man

You only pay $140 once.

The renewal cost is much less per support year.

http://xenforo.com/buy -- Basic XenForo without any of the addons (XF ES, RM) is $40/year. If you add those addons, the renewal cost per year goes up. (not by much though)

As it stands, you can't download the latest version with an expired license.

That applies to any update released, not just major or minor maintenance releases.

i.e. I cannot download 1.3.4 since my support has expired. I'm waiting for 1.4 to renew. :) then, I can download new versions after renewal.
Yeah I guess, I thought it was only for major releases though. Perhaps I simply mixed it up with a different software.

This post was a simple question about clarification on what you can and cannot download. It's not a complaint about the price nor a rant on having to pay. I'm not sure where the reply "just pay for it man" comes from or where you see any sort of price disagreement here that warranted this type of response.

Yeah I guess, I thought it was only for major releases though. Perhaps I simply mixed it up with a different software.

This post was a simple question about clarification on what you can and cannot download. It's not a complaint about the price nor a rant on having to pay. I'm not sure where the reply "just pay for it man" comes from or where you see any sort of price disagreement here that warranted this type of response.
Well excuseee mee... jeez

Maybe one thing you maybe got mixed up with is, I think, all customers would be eligible to download critical security updates whether or not you have a valid license.

This has so far only happened once, and wasn't caused by any XenForo code:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-security-fix-for-1-0-0-1-1-2.32890/

But it's nice to know that in such a circumstance, whether you have valid support or not, they have you covered :)

Top Bottom