Resource icon

Quick Login in Side Bar 1.1

No permission to download

Gopala Subramanium

This is awesome, I love this but I have a huge request if its possible.

Can we somehow get this to work with wordpress? Like use some type of code so we can login to xenForo through wordpress?

Curious after looking at your own site using it about one thing, just cosmetic on looks. In the default drop-down login XenForo uses, the width of both text entry boxes are the same, also the case on main registration page. But in the sidebar the "User Name" box is much shorter than Password box in length?

Hi

Great modification. Curious, how do i go about making both the form fields longer and of equal sizes?

As u can see now, the lengths are different and there are some wasted area in the box.

2012-04-28 09.17.59 am.webp

Thanks (y)

Also, it'll be great if u include a conditional for hiding the default login bar on top, specifically at the homepage. ;) Too many login places can be counter productive.

Hi

Great modification. Curious, how do i go about making both the form fields longer and of equal sizes?

As u can see now, the lengths are different and there are some wasted area in the box.

View attachment 28919

Thanks (y)

I have set the size as 25, you may change as desired [Code attached]. Edit to be on these lines:

Code:
Line 10: <input id="ctrl_pageLogin_login" class="textCtrl" type="text" value="" name="login" size="25">

Line 32: <input id="ctrl_pageLogin_password" class="textCtrl" type="password" name="password" size="25">

Thanks,

Gopala Subramanium
www.FixMyStuff.In

Attachments

Also, it'll be great if u include a conditional for hiding the default login bar on top, specifically at the homepage. ;) Too many login places can be counter productive.

Add the following in the begining:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

<div class="section visitorPanel">
    <div class="secondaryContent">

<xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="m" img="true" />

<div class="visitorText">
            <h2>{xen:phrase signed_in_as_x_sidebar, 'name={xen:helper username, $visitor, 'NoOverlay'}'}</h2>     
            <div class="stats">
            <xen:hook name="sidebar_visitor_panel_stats">
                <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.message_count}</dd></dl>
                <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase likes}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.like_count}</dd></dl>
                <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase points}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.trophy_points}</dd></dl>
            </div>
<br>
            <center>
{xen:datetime $datetime, 'absolute'}<br>
<a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads/all'}">Watched Threads</a>
    </center>
            </xen:hook>
        </div>

</div>
</div>

<xen:else />

and this at the end (after the code in the mod):

Code:
</xen:if>

<xen:include template="ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" />

Thanks,

Gopala Subramanium
www.FixMyStuff.In

Thanks for this.
But, how I can change default image facebook for login?
Thanks for advance
Use the new code and change the images that i have provided with the mod (version 1.1). But please note that do not change the path and the name of the file (just replace it with the same names) else you have to make modifications in the code.

Thanks,

Gopala Subramanium
www.FixMyStuff.In

I have set the size as 25, you may change as desired [Code attached]. Edit to be on these lines:

Code:
Line 10: <input id="ctrl_pageLogin_login" class="textCtrl" type="text" value="" name="login" size="25">

Line 32: <input id="ctrl_pageLogin_password" class="textCtrl" type="password" name="password" size="25">

Thanks,

Gopala Subramanium
www.FixMyStuff.In
Thanks for such a quick response.

I tried this and it works to adjust the length.

However if both values are input at 25, 35, 40, or any number, the lengths will not be the same. I tried playing around with different values for each field, and managed to get a result that both field looks of the same length. I get get this to work well on a single browser, but a different browser would display a different length.

Is there any other way to go about doing this? or am i doing something wrong?

Many thanks!

Add the following in the begining:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

<div class="section visitorPanel">
    <div class="secondaryContent">

<xen:avatar user="$visitor" size="m" img="true" />

<div class="visitorText">
            <h2>{xen:phrase signed_in_as_x_sidebar, 'name={xen:helper username, $visitor, 'NoOverlay'}'}</h2>   
            <div class="stats">
            <xen:hook name="sidebar_visitor_panel_stats">
                <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.message_count}</dd></dl>
                <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase likes}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.like_count}</dd></dl>
                <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase points}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.trophy_points}</dd></dl>
            </div>
<br>
            <center>
{xen:datetime $datetime, 'absolute'}<br>
<a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads/all'}">Watched Threads</a>
    </center>
            </xen:hook>
        </div>

</div>
</div>

<xen:else />

and this at the end (after the code in the mod):