XF 1.5 Questions on converting VB to XF

micron

1. If you fulfill all the points of conversion, and not to import attachments and click the import was successful. To return to the import attachments will be already impossible?

2. On my VB forum, there are additional groups that I created myself. When you convert, they will appear in the XF? Or do I need to delete them, and users move in group - registered?

3. The groups are named in Russian. I need to rename them to English, or the language in which they are written does not affect the transfer of groups?

Why would you want to complete the import but do attachments at a later date?
I would recommend doing it in one step.

User groups will be imported.

You shouldn't need to rename the user groups.

Why would you want to complete the import but do attachments at a later date?
Attachments on the forum are large, and time will be processed for a very long time. I now will test the transition to Xeno, and attachments for me is not important. But when I outsource everything except the investment, the mood of the Xeno, I would go back to the step of image transfer.

Also I want to ask you. To move a large forum, 30,000 users, 5000000 messages , I use the built in converter in Xeno?
I already did once a trial data conversion. The envelope was a very long time. Maybe I can in a script envelope to tweak some variables so that in one pass he was able to process more data?

Add-ons won't affect the import - only standard content such as members, forums, threads, etc. is imported.

You may want to consider one of the third party importers for a forum that size, as they may be quicker - they are listed in the Resource Manager.

On the forum there are users with the same e-mail address. How can I be, if I don't want to combine them?

The forum offers me or to combine these users, or to change the conflicting e-mail address.

A question on the encoding of the database. Base VB - coding cp1251, the base XF is UTF - 8. When it starts to transfer the data, I get unreadable characters in XF.

Tell me, what can I do? I want XF database was in UTF-8, and the symbols were readable.

Last edited:
On the forum there are users with the same e-mail address. How can I be, if I don't want to combine them?
The emails will have to be changed.

A question on the encoding of the database. Base VB - coding Win-1251, the base XF is UTF - 8. When it starts to transfer the data, I get unreadable characters in XF.
When you start the import, force the character set to "latin1". Note that you will need to revert to a pre-import backup/reinstall XF and do this when starting the import.

When you start the import, force the character set to "latin1". Note that you will need to revert to a pre-import backup/reinstall XF and do this when starting the import.
I understand that I need to install XF again and in the encoding of the database to specify - latin1? Or XF base encoding should I specify UTF-8, latin1, then where?

It's not a database encoding that you need to change -- you should set the "force character set" option when you configure the import to "latin1".

It shouldn't be necessarily if you've completed the import, but you can run that and rebuild forum information if you like.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xenforo.archived_import_log' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, 18 minutes ago

Got this error. This means that the log of imports is not recorded in the database?

Rebuild forum information - done, but the links to recent posts are not updated.

In Xeno in the profile there is a choice of gender - male/female. In VB this was implemented as a custom field. After import in the main Xeno gender of the participant is not selected. There is a custom field where gender is specified.
How to fix it? Can be to run a query in mySQL to a custom field, information on gender has been updated in the main Xeno?

Have you actually completed the import? (As in, clicked the button "complete import".)

You would have been asked if you wanted to archive the import log. Did you? What did you enter?

You will not be able to automatically change your custom gender field to use the standard one. This would need to be changed by hand.

Top Bottom