Questions/Help before considering buying

Gawkan

Hi All.

I been looking at Xenforo a while and been on gaming xenforo websites and now was considering getting it myself for a future business idea of mine.

I have learnt most of the basics of creating with software e.g. basic website on adobe dreamweaver but I been looking at that as well and not sure if it will suit me for my website and idea and was wondering if Xenforo be better.

Onto actual Questions/help - will below be possible:

1. I will want people to sign up and get like 1 week trial then have to pay montly or yearly for a membership.

2. Have downloads like powerpoints that people can download or buy then download.

3. An actual shop where they buy maybe books that can be delivery to them.

4. Ticket system, if they need help or got question they can submit a ticket with it then I and staff will get it (Not inbox/conservation)

5. Can trophys, etc be disabled since I don't think that be professional for business website

I think the above is all what I need for now right now so wondering are they possible?

If can answer that be great so I can start considering Xenforo more and if it will work for me with my business idea (confidential due to certain reasons)

Kind Regards
Gawkan

1) Can be done with user promotions, would be a little tricky, but can be done.

2) Not by default, would need an addon

3) Again, not by default, would require an addon

4) Theres no ticket system available AFAIK.

5) Yes, they can be removed.

Honestly, looking at your requirements, it seems more like you need an ecommerce solution with a community forum, rather than a forum to sell things via.

Last edited:
Agree with Slavik but before you decide there are some addons and workarounds you could consider.

2. Have downloads like powerpoints that people can download or buy then download.
The Resource Manager will store these for you as downloads - check Resources on top menu bar.
It's an official addon made and maintained by the XF team.

3. An actual shop where they buy maybe books that can be delivery to them.
Try Microcart in Resources.
Possibly the Resource Manager again might be adapted.
But you'd need a system to track deliveries.

4. Ticket system, if they need help or got question they can submit a ticket with it then I and staff will get it (Not inbox/conservation)
A forum where users do not have ability to view each others; threads. Easily done.
Or several on different problem areas.
Moderators and you can see all threads, and unread go to top.
Use prefixes so moderators can mark a thread as answered/ need more/ etc to signal to each other. In fact I'm about to create a forum like this so I#ll ask the community how to handle this updating issue.

Honestly, looking at your requirements, it seems more like you need an ecommerce solution with a community forum, rather than a forum to sell things via.

Thanks for answering.

Also yes I am looking to create an online ecommerce website that people can download things/ buy things and get advice, etc on a catergory (confidential).

But the website will have a forum where payed members can chat to related to the catergory and I guess I could set up a kind of ticket system on the forum.

Thanks for answering and I will look into a kind iof ticket system on the forum like said above and I will look at the resource manager you said about if hopefully it fully works on the demo version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom