Questions about functions now and functions to come

Swede

Hello,
I run a Vb 3 forum and use it as a document library where I collect documents, categorise them, tag them and make them downloadable for my customers. Maybe a Forum program is not the optimal solution, but it works rather well. Now I am looking for my next upgrade, hesitating about whether vB4 is what I want.
Before buying xF for evaluation I have one question I cant find answer to anywhere else.
Is there (or will there be) a way to look at threads in different views? (linear, hybrid, threaded)
regards / PerOla

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I believe this has been asked before but there are currently no plans to implement threaded, hybrid or other views.

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
XenForo has been heavily optimised for linear view. We have no plans to implement a threaded mode for threads in XenForo.

Liam W

On another medium-sized vB forum I work at, I've never heard of any member using the threaded view.
I never used to like it, but I just started using it on a Lithium forum and it works well.

If it was the default setting, I'm sure people would've used it ;)

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
If it was the default setting I'd a) not buy the software and b) if I was using it I'd immediately turn it off if there was an option to do so.