1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find default var's and functions within Xen

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Ladegro, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Ladegro

Ladegro Member

Excuse me if this is a stupid question but after searching for an hour I still can't find it;

is there an overview of functions and variables that can be used when making a template? I found a post with some of them listed, but that's far from everything I guess.

What I want to do is simple; add a tweet button on the home portal for each submitted blog item. So I want to include the target URL for that tweet, but when I use {xen:link entries, $recentEntry}, I get the "local" url, like "entries/the-must-see-tedx-videos.4/", which is missing the whole http://mysite.com/ part.

Now I guess there's an option to xen:link to enable the return of a 'full' URL, but that seems to be not documented anywhere (or hidden quite good :)).

Can someone help me out?

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

xen:link full:entries, $recentEntry should do it:)

3. Ladegro

Ladegro Member

Thanks for that. But is there a place where I can look those things up myself, instead of bothering other with it?

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Sadly there's still no developer documentation, so the only way is to study the xenforo code & templates

All the templace code is scattered in various files, that's why you'll need to check the content of the whole XenForo_Template directory

Attached Files:

5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Take your netbook/tablet, some beer or cocktails, go in your garden, enjoy the sun and instead of reading the newspapers/a book, study the xenforo code:D

Sadly that's the only way ATM because the xenforo developers are not interessted into helping the 3rd party developer community...

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. Ladegro

Ladegro Member

Thanks guys, will study those when some time pops up somewhere ;-)