Question

I haven't found all the info am looking for so ill post it here ...
am srry if its the wrong place but ok ...

Am still in doubt in buying this xenforo? cause its 140$ and i would like to know the difference

1. is this almost the same as phpbb3?
are setting for templates the same as phpbb3?

2. i see these facebook addons ands twitter and protal things are those easy to add ? then phpbb3 or do you have to dig in the php script?

3. this is still beta so far i seen the info ? is there a date already ?

4. on the phpbb3 they have a who's online to see whos doing what ? is that also possible to do?

thx for you help.

ps: i own 7 sites... so i would like to buy to buy his if this is what am loking for

Answers in red.
I don't use phpBB3 so I can't help you there.
2. i see these facebook addons ands twitter and protal things are those easy to add ? then phpbb3 or do you have to dig in the php script?
Facebook and twitter are built in. The portal is an addon. Easy to install.
Many addons/mods require editing templates.
I have yet to found a need to edit a core file.

3. this is still beta so far i seen the info ? is there a date already ?
No date set yet.

4. on the phpbb3 they have a who's online to see whos doing what ? is that also possible to do?
I'm pretty sure you can see who is viewing what forum.

ps: i own 7 sites... so i would like to buy to buy his if this is what am loking for
That would require 7 licenses.

:confused: cool in a few days il get the money from the owners of the site and ill do it

ow is it possible to combine the old phpbb3 users and post and merg it into xenforo?

ow and one of the forums has the special phpbb3 mobile add-on ... does xenforo has its own or ?

ow is it possible to combine the old phpbb3 users and post and merg it into xenforo?
You have to go via vBulletin, which is how I did it this evening.
A double import from phpBB into vBulletin and then into XenForo.

Took 2 hours start to finish.

There is no specific mobile application at the moment. A mobile style is planned.

Vbulletin is more then 50 lol

If there is no import from phbb3, i would wait until there is or pay someone to do the conversion for you.

I stand corrected i thought it was 50$ but its 300$ ... ill waist 300 $ fo i can convert it to vbulletin then 140$ to mere it into xenfor .... well ill stick with vbulletin.... if thats what ur saying to me ?

My thought is you buy XF when it suits your needs :), I run a clan forum using phpBB3 and it's literally made me not as active on my own clan community because of how unfriendly things are.

Using XenForo is a lovely experience and a far more pleasing one than phpBB3. But yes.... more imports will be nice and I believe of course planned down the road according to previous posts.

its not worth 140 buck...

It's worth much more than 140. Only reason you get something this good for $140 is that it's new and a startup. XF is nothing like phpbb. It has got an excellent feature set to engage your occasional posters to post regularly, to turn lurkers into posters and basically get people chatting...

It's unfortunate that importer from phpbb is not currently available. But I am sure you can ask help here from people who have vbulletin license to convert your database. And if that doesn't seem a good idea contact Floris at Xenfans and he will be able to get you a migration for a fee.

And here i thought it was the deal of the decade.. Seriously.. XF is worth every penny.. and its not in beta anymore the first RC was released last week.. Fees??? as far as i know their are no fees other then the cost of a license.. and the cheep annual renewal which almost all paid forum solutions have.. Ive used both IPB and vB in the past and wouldn't touch either as long as there is XenForo.. I understand this is a personal choice but XF has everything i always wanted in the core and nothing i dont want. Its Light, Lean and Fast.. My members love it.. And i have two sites currently running on XF software.. Its honestly the first software migration ive ever done without one single complaint..
------------
edit: Plus the community support is second to none, and to me that alone is worth the $140.00

And here i thought it was the deal of the decade.. Seriously.. XF is worth every penny.. and its not in beta anymore the first RC was released last week.. Fees??? as far as i know their are no fees other then the cost of a license.. and the cheep annual renewal which almost all paid forum solutions have.. Ive used both IPB and vB in the past and wouldn't touch either as long as there is XenForo.. I understand this is a personal choice but XF has everything i always wanted in the core and nothing i dont want. Its Light, Lean and Fast.. My members love it.. And i have two sites currently running on XF software.. Its honestly the first software migration ive ever done without one single complaint..
------------
edit: Plus the community support is second to none, and to me that alone is worth the $140.00

ok why does it still say on the buy page that is is still a beta :confused:

ok i agree that people are here quicker with response that's what i like... and i agree with its faster and light and looks great... but do i have to pay every year 140$ ?

--==edit==--

found out that its 40$ per year extra
ill think about it

but why does it say its still beta

but why does it say its still beta
Not sure but its actually RC1 and i suspect Ver 1.0.0 gold will be available in a matter of a cpl weeks give or take.. I understand everyones circumstances are different as well as finances.. But in my case i went from vB to XF and it actually saved my site from a certain slow death.. I have no regrets..

Top Bottom