Question

I haven't found all the info am looking for so ill post it here ...
am srry if its the wrong place but ok ...

Am still in doubt in buying this xenforo? cause its 140$ and i would like to know the difference

1. is this almost the same as phpbb3?
are setting for templates the same as phpbb3?

2. i see these facebook addons ands twitter and protal things are those easy to add ? then phpbb3 or do you have to dig in the php script?

3. this is still beta so far i seen the info ? is there a date already ?

4. on the phpbb3 they have a who's online to see whos doing what ? is that also possible to do?

thx for you help.

ps: i own 7 sites... so i would like to buy to buy his if this is what am loking for

The difference between beta and RC is mostly one of technicality - neither are officially supported (ie, no ticket support). It shouldn't be that long to a stable release though.

The $140 is a one-time purchase. You pay that and you own the that version of the software forever. The $40 is for technical support via Tickets System, Upgrades/Patch Releases, and prolly a few more minor things like access to the Mods section. I am not sure if they will have some sorta time-span deal that if you don't make a purchase in a year or year + a small "grace period" if the price will change (eg. instead of $40 you'll have to pay $90 instead).

yes thats what am afraid of... its a none-profit clan... -.- will they sponsor aslo? if buy the xenforo? cause 140$ for a none profit site is yeah a bit pricey but if it will return my members ill do it

I'll respond to this one, even though I'm not an xF client yet.

The money I spent on vBulletin was one of my best-spent investments ever. It was at a time when the guys doing xF were doing vBulletin. Since then, vBulletin took a turn that I personally do not like. At the same time, things here at xF are being handled quite well, and to my liking. I personally only need a few more features, and I'll be convinced to go with xF. With that said, if you like the features, and they are what you need, I think xF will be one of your best investments also. This is my personal opinion, don't take this for granted... :)

yes thats what am afraid of... its a none-profit clan... -.- will they sponsor aslo? if buy the xenforo? cause 140$ for a none profit site is yeah a bit pricey but if it will return my members ill do it
On my example, I am stating if you don't pay the $40 yearly fee and then want to renew it 15 months later, I don't know if they will charge a bit extra for it.

It's a flat $40 cost, regardless of the time since you last paid for 12 month support.

The specific details are as follows:
The 12-month extension provides access to support and updates for 12 months from the date of purchase. Please note that your license must be up-to-date to access certain licensed customer areas, such as ticket support.

Extensions will be available for purchase soon after a stable version is released.

Top Bottom