1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question to Kier and Mike

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by majdi, Jul 31, 2010.

1. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

since when have you started developing xf? how many days it took you to make this fantastic script?

2. Floris

Floris Guest

It all started on a dark Christmas evening, the room lit by mere candle light and the sound of children singing carols outside in the snow ..

But in all seriousness, I think they didn't start too long ago.

3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Probably 6 months considering the experience they have.

4. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

I'm sure they sat down for the first time to discuss the plans for XF the first business day after the NDA's and such expired :)

5. Been Told

Been Told Well-Known Member

Well the first time Kier mentioned it, was on January 1st this year. I wrote an article about it and posted it on vb-germany.com and then it came to vb.com (I wasn't quite THAT cheeky lol). So it must have been at least since then. Although, maybe back then it was only a concept - but I doubt that.

6. Vilandra

Vilandra Active Member

I've been waiting for this for years lol :D My first thought upon seeing this was "Yay!" I think I actually squeed :D

7. Freddie

Freddie Active Member

Considering the robustness, I would hazard a guess that it started the week after they said au revoir to vBulletin.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Actually, knowing Mike and Kier, it was probably started about 2 weeks ago... Yep, that sounds right to me.

Green Cat likes this.
  9. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

More like 24 hours before showing us ;)

10. s.molinari

s.molinari Well-Known Member

I could say something about this and what should have, could have, or would have been, but I won't go there.;) All I can and want to say is, Way to go Kier and Mike! and the probably fast growing crew of XenForo. This will certainly stir up the paid forum software competition scene.:) I'm enjoying it already.:D

Scott

11. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

Scott, take the german speaking support. ;)

12. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Maybe just a few weeks after they left IB/vB.

13. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

Remember Mike and Kier make it look easy, it isn't. I imagine long sleepless nights of coding have gone into this.

A slick polished product such as this (that's only in ALPHA) doesn't happen overnight and if it did everyone would be at it.

14. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

Or both, IB/vB and xF ;)
    He make a top job with vB

15. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

signed

16. s.molinari

s.molinari Well-Known Member

Yes, it's like any professional. Like athletes. They make doing their sport look so easy, but it really isn't. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, determination, discipline and a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get there. But in the end, that sort of passion pays off.

Scott

wwed likes this.