Question? The resource forum

That wasn't really the original purpose of it, but it'd probably be ok to have a "reference" thread in there, but I'd probably just add links to one (or a few based on concept). If a lot of threads popped up, it'd just increase the noise.

Hopefully the Resources forum will be expanded to include a discussion forum where we can discuss styling, coding, and links to things like this.
I think a Design/Programming forum would be more appropriate for discussions about that, and leave resources to thinking like Themes, Smilies, Rank Icons, etc.

I think we're all misunderstanding me here. What I am talking about is a Resources category with forums like
Modifications
Styles
Smilies
Miscellaneous graphics
CSS/Coding Resources
Styles/coding discussion

Of course, in the end it's completely up to K&M how they want the site laid out. :)

It depends how one sees a resource. Some may think a resource is something physical, others may feel a resource is anything that helps you.

I get the feeling it will all be restructured when the modifications community is open anyway!

It depends how one sees a resource. Some may think a resource is something physical, others may feel a resource is anything that helps you.

I get the feeling it will all be restructured when the modifications community is open anyway!
Yep it will be. Everything will have its place.

I disagree with the disagree. I think a discussion forum about production and development of resources is better than mixing it up with the resource directory itself. They are obviously two different things. Just my opinion.

I agree with your disagree of the disagree :p

Resources themselves should be separate from discussion thereof imho :)

In the future I hope there will be Coding and separate Skinning/Graphics forums for discussion of those quite separate areas.

I agree with your disagree of the disagree :p
and I disagree with your agree of the disagreed disagree.
frog.gif

I disagree with your disagree of Dragonfly's agree of the disagreed disagree. :)

Well I agree with DF's agree of the disagreed disagree .... strangely that makes sense ...

A resources forum should only have resources, and people seeking help on individual resources or who have comments about a resource. It allows members to check in to see what is available without having to sort through a whole bunch of stuff that has nothing actually to do with a graphic/mod/whatever.

Some sites actually have download managers for the actual resources and then a forum with a thread for each resource, allowing for comments, bug reports, etc.

You could have yet another forum for development etc and seeking help with tech issues.

Well I agree with DF's agree of the disagreed disagree .... strangely that makes sense ...

A resources forum should only have resources, and people seeking help on individual resources or who have comments about a resource. It allows members to check in to see what is available without having to sort through a whole bunch of stuff that has nothing actually to do with a graphic/mod/whatever.

Some sites actually have download managers for the actual resources and then a forum with a thread for each resource, allowing for comments, bug reports, etc.

You could have yet another forum for development etc and seeking help with tech issues.
I believe, and I may be wrong, that once we go gold, we will have such an area. But they didn't want to make it yet. 

UGH too many forums! K.I.S.S.

UGH too many forums! K.I.S.S.
What about sub forums under resourses as containers for the different topic bases?
-Resources
---Graphics
---Code Snippets
---Documentation and guides
I agree with simplicity but for that purpose exactly kept in mind it would make sense to subdivide the resources forum to simplify finding what materials are needed...It's not as prominent an issue right now but there is only 40 some odd threads there. When this number gets larger it could make it hard to differentiate what is what in terms of category. If not that, for now.. What about using [] in the title ex..[gfx]
Code:
 [doc] to allow for a quick visual reference.  I dunno they are just suggestions but hopefully we can figure out what works best for everyone as a majority as far as locating needed materials.  For now with the thread count in that forum It's not an issue imo and because of that, i think just keeping in mind what makes it easiest for everyone to utilize the resources and for mods to manage the threads would be the best solution.

Top Bottom