Question regarding signature links, spammers

cmeinck

I have a big issue with sig spammers as of late. Ideally, I'd like an easy way to set number of posts before allowing signatures. In vB, you have to set up promotions, which seems conviluted to me.

I'd love to hear what tools are in place to limit signatures based on membership/posting.

Thanks.

This is the first feature request that I'm actually 110% hoping will make it into XenForo 1.0. Personally, for my vBulletin installation, I've editing my template so that guests are unable to see signatures at all; the same goes for certain profile fields (website URL and a few others). If XenForo were to include an option to specify a minimum number of posts before a user's signature became active, then I would be a very happy bunny indeed.

I have a big issue with sig spammers as of late. Ideally, I'd like an easy way to set number of posts before allowing signatures. In vB, you have to set up promotions, which seems conviluted to me.

I'd love to hear what tools are in place to limit signatures based on membership/posting.

Thanks.
Even putting them in a specific user group other than registered members doesn't help, as mine just puts them where it wants to not where *I* want it to.

Convoluted how? I find that promotion system to be straightforward and very useful. I'd give up a lot of other "features" before giving that up.
You have to create different groups, which for me seems convoluted. I'd rather have "rules" in place for my one primary "Registered Users" group. One being, Can post signature after ____ posts.

Top Bottom