1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Alerts

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ibaker, Sep 8, 2012.

1. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

I have been asked by a user on my site the following regarding email alerts and alerts in general which I am unsure what the answer is:
    "If I sign up using my Facebook account does that mean I will get notified if someone I'm following on Fb posts on these forums?"

Can anyone advise

2. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

Thanks Mate, I thought as much but didn't know if there was any alert in Facebook relating to it all (I am not a Facebook fan so not up with all that stuff)

4. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

Instead of making a new thread, I decided to just ask my question here. I hope that's okay.

My forum isn't issuing Alerts on new replies to watched topics.
    I have User Options set to default settings, and User Registration set to "Watch threads when creating or replying" - Yes (Note: Yes only, not Yes with email).
    My Preferences are set the same way and my Alert Preferences are also all checked with the exception of sending email.

I also did install the Live Updates mod but I don't think it would be the cause of this.

So there's obviously some sort of setting I missed or messed up here. Anyone have any ideas?

5. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

this is strange, can you make sure you disable all mods or at least Live Updates mod to see where is the issue.

6. xIsabel38

Well, looks like that was the problem. Soon as I uninstalled the mod, the Alerts worked like Magic.

7. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

I am happy you resolve the issue (y)

8. xIsabel38

Not entirely, now to go knocking on the Mod Author's door and wonder why this wasn't updated or to delete all of the files with the mod and move on to something else.